No announcement yet.

A phpBB Forum Molded Beyond Intent....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A phpBB Forum Molded Beyond Intent....

Completely incomplete, and only minimally formatted, please take a peek at how we have found use for a phpBB Forum in our organization.
    Inspired at how VodaHost has utilized this vBulletin Forum with feature-rich enhancements such as Tutorials and "Sticky" posts, we are trying this as a possible solution to unified online communications and operations.

Since this will be soon loaded with proprietary information, it is "Password Protected" but is only yet a version intended for "visual and conceptual" review...

Link to our Associate Lobby, and Logon using this time-sensitive identity:
    User Name: Tourist .....Password: 2KnowCGI
    User Name & Password are case sensitive, and will expire Saturday, 7-22-06

There is a special "Announcement" for you in the News section.....
    Tell me if you think you like the idea, and whether or not the set up is what you expect..... Thanks for taking the time to poke around my project pile!

> Kudos and Thanks to General Race for his gracious support.....

Humbly Submitted,
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Re: A phpBB Forum Molded Beyond Intent....

Originally posted by Vasili
    Completely incomplete, and only minimally formatted, please take a peek at how we have found use for a phpBB Forum in our organization.
    Inspired at how VodaHost has utilized this vBulletin Forum with feature-rich enhancements such as Tutorials and "Sticky" posts, we are trying this as a possible solution to unified online communications and operations.

Since this will be soon loaded with proprietary information, it is "Password Protected" but is only yet a version intended for "visual and conceptual" review...

Link to our Associate Lobby, and Logon using this time-sensitive identity:
    User Name: Tourist .....Password: 2KnowCGI
    User Name & Password are case sensitive, and will expire Saturday, 7-22-06

There is a special "Announcement" for you in the News section.....
    Tell me if you think you like the idea, and whether or not the set up is what you expect..... Thanks for taking the time to poke around my project pile!

> Kudos and Thanks to General Race for his gracious support.....

Humbly Submitted,
    In reaction to your 'paddy' in the Lounge, I came, I saw, and it's very clean and functional. I'm sure it will serve your business well. For demonstration and feedback purposes, I think people will find it easier, if you a) choose a simpler logon and password (uppercase and lowercase - is a pain); b) make the entrance portal a little more obvious from your 'lobby'. Good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hey vasili sorry i seem not to of answered your email but i can honestly say hand on heart i never received it or maybe i deleted by mistake? sorry any way i wasnt being ignorant, as far as helping with a forum im sorry but im the wrong guy to ask my friend, race did it for me i just placed a few stickys in etc and to be honest that was hard enough for me lol i had a look the other day at your forum and it seemed perfectly fine to me and to honest i dont think you need help as from what i can gather you allways seem to pull through in the end
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Vasili Vasili Vasili

You have a sideways scroll there ..tut tut you naughty man....I agree with Amanda about the temp login to ..took me 5 attempts...lower upper numbers ...a simple .."member and guest" maybe better for people to go look around.....and for people like me...blind as a bat...a better "entry" logo or sign would be great ...I searched around frantically looking for the way in lol ....

I think your front page looks really good ...but the sideways scroll would stop me from looking at the banners you have on the right hand side ....

Overall it looks good and your forum easy to read and navigate ....now being the girly that I am I would have a nice sparkling diamond as part of my entry logo ;o)

Well done ..nice job
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Thank You all for your input...
          I have re-vamped the whole process of entering via the "Associate" side...gone is the "Lobby" page: now, when you logon, you will go directly to the "Forum" which will be updated to handle the additional load of material that was destined for "normal pages."

And, yes....I know about the "scroll" LadyLinda....I bantered back and forth for what seemed like forever only to compromise by keeping the page at 1000 but locked-left, which allows 1/2 of the 'logo-links' to show, so if someone is really interested it's not too much to access by scrolling sideways a bit, but not not needing to go 2 directions.... This is kept this way to keep continuity between the "Guest" side and the "associate" side, but more importantly to make it easier to display the Content on the Guest side properly....the 'logos' are only on the Main and Lobby pages, not the interior. A compromise?? Maybe....but more of an understanding that this is a Corporate site (not intended for "retail" customers - I'm not concerned with SEO in the least) and most visitors will be business related with settings at 1024w for the most part.....
          My "Retail" Portal is different, as EVERYTHING is optimized for 775w!!!!

Back to the mechanics.....I have simplified the Logon by reconfiguring the site, and appreciate the "added perspectives" you have so kindly offered!

ALLSTAR: No Problem, Mate! Race bailed me out again!

Comment

Great !
            I logged in on second try, actually my fault as I has lower case user name "Tourist" and its case sensitive.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Don't know whats wrong with these people. From experience i have learned to just copy and paste the user name and password! So I got in on first attempt. Is there a prize?????
              Seriously though, Fantastic work and some very progressive plans. You really are starting to look like an Empire Vasili! How many posts for the title Emperor? I'd say good luck but your planning makes the sentiment redundant!
              Keep up the good work.
              MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
              Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
              www.princess-bride.co.uk
              Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

Originally posted by mark6110
                Don't know whats wrong with these people. From experience i have learned to just copy and paste the user name and password! So I got in on first attempt. Is there a prize?????
                Seriously though, Fantastic work and some very progressive plans. You really are starting to look like an Empire Vasili! How many posts for the title Emperor? I'd say good luck but your planning makes the sentiment redundant!
                Keep up the good work.
                Thanks, Mark....and I agree, there should be a prize of some sort!! (Actually, there is kind of, but erring on the conservative side by not "promoting," I am still waiting for the first VH Peer to inquire about my goods or services.....think 15% over true cost is fair???)
                Maybe it'll happen once I get my sites coverted.....

And, recently I am sure it's more like I've been an Emperroneous!

Too funny!

Comment

You are the man! A little promotion is not a bad thing, We all probably thought you were too far above us to be interested in our small buisness, But now we know. Thanks for the information. Anyway better to be emperrerroneous and progressing than just letting the grass grow.
                  well done again.
                  MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                  Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
                  www.princess-bride.co.uk
                  Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

AH ha My friend you have done one most excellent job. i got in first time no prob. i was going to register but i thought that i might be the last thing your Clientele would like to see. nice to see something different
                    well done

Comment

Thank You, my prestigeous OffWorlder.....coming from another protoge of RaceFan20, your keen observations are heartwarming.

Thanks to all of my VodaPeers for having taken the time to jump through the hoops only to peek at my latest foray...every comment made is appreciated and invaluable as plans are made to begin finalizing the design and formatting of function. Ten reply posts basically overnight is quite nice, and it is time to get busy on this end, so the above created User Name and Password must unfortunately be retired.
                      Again, thanks to all for sharing your insights.

Happy webbing!

Comment

Working...
                      X