Oh my god I've finished it!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my god I've finished it!!!!

Hi, after months I have finally finished my web site (well hopefully lol) I never thought this day would come! Yay!
    I would be very grateful for any final critism or thoughts
    www.redgypsy.co.uk

Re: Oh my god I've finished it!!!!

Its a nice site. You have a bit of text overlapping just to the right of the top menu bar. To be honest I think you could do without all the text behind the logo, but thats just my opinion, doesnt mean its wrong. Other than that not too bad at all.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
    royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Well done,
      Suggestions:
      Perhaps the page transitions are not necessary.
      Many in here will tell you to drop the counter, just not in fashion anymore.
      Everything seems to work including e-mail.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Just a word about page transitions. They dont work in Firefox so I didn't know they were there until Bill just said.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
        royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Hi crazi,

I have to agree with Roy ...that text (red gypsy)behind your main title/logo...is all over the place ..it overlaps and drops below on to the page...In my opinion it spoils the look of your site.....It would look better without it ....as for the rest of your site ...its fab!...love the colours ..easy to navigate , easy to use ...clean n tidy ...great gallery really very nice!...might buy a couple of things myself :o)

Nice job ... well done and good luck :o)
          Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
          http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Wow thanks for the rapid replies!
            The text looked fine on my computer but I've taken your advice and got rid of it. Thanks for that everyone :o) (It took me ages to do that as well lol)
            Going to leave the transisions as I kinda like em and I'm guessing it's just a cosmetic preference?
            Thanks again all
            Karen

Comment

i realy like it its simple clean and sotthing mmm yes soothing to a degree but im not sure about the font used on home page and when i click on an item it only allows me to see a lrger picture i think it would be nice to have a bit more info on the products i.e made off? and style or whatever etc, transitions for me great i like it adds to the calm of it all

oh lol ditch the counter if i was you its not very good you can always use the awstats counter from b.v that lets you and no one else see how many visits etc but hey just my oppinion

very well done i think
              The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
              Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Very Nice! I really like the simple, clean and uncluttered arrangement of your pages! Your jewelry really is the "star" of all your pages!

The only thing I had a little trouble with was the greenteal text/font throughout. It is probably just my eyes, but in places where the font is "thin" it is difficult to read the words against the white background. Not IMPOSSIBLE, but not really easy, either. I wonder if you could drop just a faintly tinted background color where the white is to make the green text pop on the page? Just a tiny suggestion!

You have worked hard and deserve a Corona! Or margarita? Or CHOCOLATE! LOL
                still working on website!

Comment

Hi Crazidiamondxx
                  Well done I like your website it's nice simple and cleans. One thing I would do is change the font text because you want poeple to be able to read what you have to said.
                  Thank you
                  Maggie's Enterprise
                  Maggie's Gift Shop

Comment

Originally posted by crazidiamondxx
                    Wow thanks for the rapid replies!
                    The text looked fine on my computer but I've taken your advice and got rid of it. Thanks for that everyone :o) (It took me ages to do that as well lol)
                    Going to leave the transisions as I kinda like em and I'm guessing it's just a cosmetic preference?
                    Thanks again all
                    Karen
                    Awwwww but it looks so much better now :o)....but its still on your home and accessorie pages ....well done!
                    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Thanks again everyone. I've taken your advice and ditched the counter. I'll have a look at the text soon as I get chance.
                      The text thing has been taken off all the pages so maybe just need to refresh?
                      As for the beer....ewww I could soooo sink a crate of Stella but I'm 5 months pregnant so will settle for the chocolate. Course I'll have to have double.....half for me and half for baby ;o)
                      Thanks again
                      Karen

Comment

There is something ironic about building a baby and a website at the same time, don't you thinK? At this point, i would rather be building a baby as this website stuff is WAY more difficult. So, tell ya what, I'll have a beer for ya and call it a night! LOL

Congratulations on the little one! And the site, too!!!!
                        still working on website!

Comment

I like the clean uncluttered look.
                          Your site is very neat and you have obviously put a lot othought into it, and I can see a perfectionist at work in the centering and lining up.

Look at how the green box frame/border around the title matches the green "T" you have added to the template!
                          The green photo borders look good and the pics are professional. Have you tried a one pixel width photo border? It might look more classy.

I think the fonts you have used really suit the theme (e.g. Tempus sans at the time of looking). But I hope they are in common use - otherwise there may be viewing problems for some.

I really think there is a lot of merit in a white background, if you are selling something special. I might get around to changing my own theme one day.

Well done
                          Royden

www.harrow-art.com
                          www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Hey, Diamond Gal!

Really fine site design, well thought out, and will polish up quite well indeed:

About page transitions, you will need to pay close attention to the registration of your left-side "menu block" and how it is not stationary consistently, nor does it always fully overlap the grey header and underlain blue "shapes" that act as lines....(esp. bracelet page)

Throughout the site, header position is not "locked" nor is the web page dimensions (they get wider, lower, etc.), as seen prominently by advancing through the pages. Despite your dissolve transition (seen only in IE and AOL, I believe), the mis-positioning is really noticable, especially when you add in your logo seems to change size also. To make this much easier to fix, you may wish to download the newest version of BV and take advantage of the "Clone" function that is not in earlier versions.....(ahhhh! for the good old days of copy/paste/XY axis...no wonder I'm blind!)

And, although I can personally appreciate the 'artistry' of your developed theme with the selected font, you really must weigh the decision of whether or not to convert this non-universal font to images to allow a consistent visitor experience. This is more immediately important for established "stores" (brick-and-mortar and online) that are duplicating a recognizable "branding" they would have on cards, bags, logos and the sort, but it will become an issue for newer websites also, as they earn their own postioning and Brand Name status.

The newer version of BV makes most of these mechanical bugs pass quickly via the Clone button, and other of our VodaPeers are raving about very affordable tools to create awesome graphics as easy as writing in MS Word, available here: http://www.xara.com/products/

You've done a wonderful job, and really have something to be proud of!

(Wishing you well with your baby!)
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the advice again. I understand about the page transitions not lining up. I didn't even notice that until I was told so thanks for that. Am going to look at the font too as quite a few of you have said about it.
                              Right now though I'm just back from a night camping in a horrific thunder storm. Trying to sleep on a hard floor isn't an easy task with a big 5 month bump inside you! lol. So I'm going to have a bath and get some shut eye.
                              By the way, on Friday I had my first sale from the website so I'm over the moon!! :oD
                              Thanks again for taking the time to help me out all :o)
                              Karen

Comment

Working...
                              X