Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with some elements I'd like to add.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with some elements I'd like to add.

Can someone please explain or point me to a source for information on how to do the following things.

1. I would like to add a registration and member login.
    Basically I would like to have an area where members register and this info come to me (simple form I know) but I would like to have them create a username and password which goes to a database, so that on subsequent visits they can log in to access various features of the site such as community forums and members only content. However, I want guests to still be able to view these areas just not have access to post or view member content areas.

2. I'd like to have a member profile area
    I would like to have an area where members can create a profile and other members can view that profile. I have no clue on this one. Also, i would like to give them the option to upload a picture for their profile, but would somehow like to be able to approve or disapprove said picture before it posts.

I am currently working on my site with the Blue Voda sitebuilder software. I have not initiated a web hosting agreement as of yet because I dont know how long it will take me to get to a point where i can establish a launch date.

Thanks,

Re: Help with some elements I'd like to add.

Hey there!

I suggest you get Soho Launch they offer member login's and member area's etc. All though you can not put it on your BlueVoda builder. You will have to link that page as a sub domain.

Unless you are very good and are able to make a .php / .html etc file or get a professional if it is really needed done properly.

Good luck to you.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Re: Help with some elements I'd like to add.

im not sure what you are trying to acheaive as end product here but it sounds to me like you could do all those things with a phppb forum

there you can have member profiles and lock all people out and have them jopin up with your approval or without your approval whatever
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Working...
      X