Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !

sorry to bother you, you busy people, but i cannot spend more time without expert help now as i am only a beginner.

Q1. where can i find the IP address that is needed to publish my pages?

Q2 where can i find the user name and password for the cpanel? (have tried my forum username and password and they don't work, also tried the user name and password for account - they don't work either)

Q3 how do i log into the cpanel??

many thanks in advance.

Re: Help !

No need to apologise, we are here to help you.....

your IP address should be in your welcome email after you had opened
    an account with Vodahost. (something like ns12.vodahost.com) and followed by a Number like xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
    When you goto PUBLISH a page a dropdown box will appear and all existing
    IP numbers will be seen. Select the right IP and you will then be able to publish to your site.
    All other details are included in your welcome email.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

many thanks for your help.

i'm afraid i have not received any such email as you have just described. i signed up yesterday (around 18 hours ago) by paying through paypal.
      all i have received so far is a couple of emails with invoices for the amount that i have paid.
      am a bit confused now.
      i was wondering if you could tell me more about this, please.

Comment

Hi Andrew, Check your spam box as sometimes the welcome email ends up there.....If not then wait a few more hours and it will surely arrive.

When it does arrive, it will contain all the info you may require.

In the meantime, why not view some of the very good video tutorials avilable
        from vodahost...............

Have fun.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

hi
          thank you so much for helping me.
          the said welcome email has just arrived - cool man!

just published my first ever web page - the home page!
          BUT BUT BUT
          when i try to open the web page myself i kinda get some funny stuff - wonder what went wrong.
          would you help me again please???
          the website is www.shieldsrental.com

many thanks in advance and grateful for all help.

Comment

sorry forgot to ask how to change/edit pages once they have been published??
            thanks for bearing with me

Comment

ssrentalscontactus.html 22-Jul-2006 12:35 7k
              ssrentalshome.html 22-Jul-2006 12:25 8k >>> You need to change the name of this page to: index

Every website MUST have an index page (typically what we consider the "Home" or "Main" page) to present. Simply open in BV this page you've named "home," SAVE AS > index and re-publish. ALERT: prior to SAVE AS and re-publishing, you will need to go through each page created so far to make corrections on your links to reflect changing "home" to index if your website is to navigate properly!!!
              *Remember to 'refresh' your browser when re-visiting your page to load the new version....

To edit your pages, it is basically the same simple process: make you changes onto the page as needed, re-save it, and then re-publish it. Re-saving overwrites the older page in BV. Again, remember to 'refresh' your browser to load your newer, edited version.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

ho ho ho ho

my website is up and running finally !
                thanks to God
                thanks to Vodahost, Bluevoda, customer support team, and all you wise people in this forum.

many thanks to you all - really appreciate it.
                Vodahost is a fantastic site and Bluevoda is a superb software.
                Tutorials are really self explanatory and all newbies like me should always watch them over and over again when stuck.
                thank you

Comment

lol you need to give your index page a name , right click on the index page and it will ask for page name give it a name ralting to your site i.e homes for rent
                  The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                  Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

thanks for all the help
                    probably most important for me - why does my website not show up on google when i search using key words that i used in the metatags?
                    please help !
                    many thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by andrewprasad
                      thanks for all the help
                      probably most important for me - why does my website not show up on google when i search using key words that i used in the metatags?
                      please help !
                      many thanks in advance
                      You need to do a little reading on the topic yourself to get the results you seek.
                      Check out the Forum here at VodaHost devoted to this topic, Andrew.... http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/vod...h-engines.html
                      Another Forum with discussions on KeyWord & Meta Development: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/int...ing-forum.html

The time you invest in proper planning will avail you much, as no one can better decide what is best for you than you!
                      (Nobody can do it for you, nor is there a "streamlined" way to do it - actually, it's quite methodical)
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                      X