script help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• script help

Hello, I've watched the tutorial vids offered and gained some info, but I'm still not getting every thing. I think I need a specific script set up. Heres my plan...

I want to create a page for my musician war team members (1 team, 4 members) to upload original music files. We have a page like this on our site but we are only allotted 3mb for each file. That's not big enough for realy quality sounding tracks.

Here is our set up on musician war. This is the protype for the script I need. I had to use screen shots instead of links because the team section is password protected.

Please notice that the files are uploaded to the same page as the browse and upload buttons themselves.

Links deleted per user request

Re: script help

If you alredy have the set up and it is working- why not simply adjust the php upload script to accomodate a larger upload?

I would suggest that, for privacy, and a tailored script you contact Whatdaflip as he can most certainly accomplish what you are looking to do.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/fre...g-service.html

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
      If you alredy have the set up and it is working- why not simply adjust the php upload script to accomodate a larger upload?

I would suggest that, for privacy, and a tailored script you contact Whatdaflip as he can most certainly accomplish what you are looking to do.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/fre...g-service.html

Andy
      This set up is from a site called Musicianwar.com I am only a member of the community I can't change the upload size. The owner of the site keeps the file size low due to bandwidth issues. I guess I could e-mail him and ask for the script.

I would like to model mine after this one since we are all familiar with it. We tried to use some of the free filesharing sites, but not everyone was catching on to how to use it :(

This prototype seems pretty easy for everyone to understand since they've all used it before. So I thought I would try to duplicate the process with a larger file upload. Anything over 250k seems to have the sonic quality that I'm after.

Comment

By all means- try to get the script from him. That would work out great. Then if you needed help or needed to tweak it a little- we have something to go on.

Cheers,

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

To Andy hi.
          I am new here and is my first site and I am not understand something about the forms- after I build my froms in Bluevoda I must to add php script to my forms so that will work after I publish them or I need to add the php script only if I want that froms will be protect.
          Thanks.
          Ilanit

Comment

ilanit,

Welcome to the forum. The form that you create needs a script to gather the information from the form elements (fields) and then send them to your e-mail address.

The form needs a php script. And the php script needs to provide some security measures.

Take a look here for a tutorial on it;
            http: //www.netisopen.com/computer/TF001/phpmailto.html

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Ok, my friend did not want to share any script. He is realy safe about security and doesnt want to jeapordise that. I don't blame him.

He gave me a link to a free script however...

http://www.raditha.com/megaupload/

Can anyone tell me if this is ok to use? It looks like it will work, the demo is pretty slow but maybe that's just the demo.

I'm to all of this, so if this is something that I can use I may need some help getting it running.

Comment

I deleted the screenshots in the first thread since they are of no relevance any longer, however one of them is still showing up. Could someone be so kind as to remove those links please?

I can no longer edit my first comment for some reason.

Comment

Links deleted per your wish. You can not edit your posts after 15 minutes from submission.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                  X