• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between Preview and Real Thing

The following can be found in previous threads:
    ---------------
    (My question/concern)
    Yes, I always close the previewing window after previewing my webpage (to reset what the preview should look like). What I mean is I have set the background to what I want (blue). Then I typed "My Life" in a large, pink font. These letters are black-outlined filled in with pink. Just outside of the black outline is the blue background -- this is the look I want (normal). However, when I preview this "My Life" page I see black outlined letters filled in with pink, but just outside of the black outline is white! -- which seems to form a rectangle around the letters -- it looks like "My Life" is pink letters highlighted in white. Why is this the case?

(Response)
    The "Preview" function in Blue Voda is a simplified version of what will be presented when finally published, and is a great means to spot details that might otherwise go unnoticed. It is not, however the finalized version. (And you don't need to close your browser after each look, simply "refresh" it to see your latest version!)

(My re-response)
    Thanks for all your help, but my concern about the font being different ("highlighted") when I preview my page hasn't been answered. What good is the preview if everything is "sorta" like it's gonna be? Has anyone noticed these/other differences between the preview and the real thing? If so, please let me know of them. I don't want to go through all the work of making a website if I can't get a simple font issue to be resolved. Thanks!
    -------------------
    Has anyone noticed any other differences between the preview and their real page? Has anyone had these problems with the font? I've tried many fonts given by BlueVoda from Times New Roman (extremely common) and others that are not as popular, but the problem is the same. Thanks for the help!

Re: Differences between Preview and Real Thing

Not sure if I can help you, because I haven't built a page yet....but I can help you brainstorm the possibilities....

How are you creating the letters to be outlined in black and then "filled"? I don't know how to make blackoutlined letters then filled in with pink.

Is this just happening in that section, or everywhere you put the words on the pages? Does it happen on other pages, too?

Do you have any other layers or boxes underneath what you are typing that might be "coming through" to the top layer?

I tried to reproduce what you are saying but couldn't.

I think what was meant by the "preview" not being finalized is that there are some things you cannot test until you publish the site...things like hyperlinks for example.
    still working on website!

Comment

Re: Differences between Preview and Real Thing

To be doubly sure of getting the results you desire to present in both preview and on the web, try creating the text effects you specifically want in either Publisher or Word, which you may then COPY & PASTE into a BV text box.....(keep in mind also, that not all fonts are "universally viewable" and may need to be converted into images to present uniformly). This can be done simply in Publisher, where you can save as .JPG, then use a photo editor to Crop/*****en/De-speckle/Resize -- always make your 'font' larger than needed, so when you reduce it will become *****er along the edges/Re-save prior to "inserting" into BV. This method works for logos, headers, and buttons best, as "blocks" of Content text should be limited to Arial, Verdana, Comic, TimesRoman, Helvetica, and Courrier (Windows defaults).
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X