X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Problem? Help Needed!

Hi,
    I signed up with Vodahost and had a domain registered. I was going to sell a certain product so I chose the domain name that reflects the product that I was going to sell. Now, I do not want to sell that product anymore and found a better product. The problem is the previous chosen domain does not reflect this new product. Can I get a new domain and it will point or lead customer to the site that has the old domain? Also, can I get a new domain somewhere else and have it transfered here? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Re: Domain Problem? Help Needed!

Yes you can buy a new domain name if its available.....

Yes you can have a link page to enter your old domain....

Yes you can buy a domain name from anyone you wish and you
    can point that domain to vodahost.

New domain names cannot be transfered for 60 days........
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Sorry, I just got back. Thanks for your help. So how do I do it? I want the content of the current site to be displayed when People visit my new domain that I will purchase. I do not want the old domain name to be displayed at all. Thanks in advance.

Comment

This really is an open ended Question.....there are several ways you could go about it, depending on what you wish to achieve.

1)...if you still have traffic coming to the 1st site then you could do a
        re-direct to your new site.

2)...You could Import all of the content from your 1st site to the new site then with a little work(and when your happy) close down or create a new index within the first site that goes nowhere.

More information is needed to enable us to help you futher......
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

Thanks David. Ok, here is the situation:
          I registered with vodahost for web hosting and got a free domain with the package. I have not done much with building the site. I was going to sell herbal products so I chose a domain that was relevant to herbal products. Now, I prefer to sell novelty gifts instead and plan to get another domain name that reflects novelty gifts that I will sell. I do not want to buy another web host since I already have one with Vodahost.
          I will start the site from the beginning again. My problem is when I log on to Vodahost to build the site starting from the ground up again with new products, to me , I am building the site with my current registered domain. Is that correct? How do I replace my current domain name with a new one (I will buy one) ? Hope it's clear enough. Thanks

Comment

You need to purchase a new domain name for your new concept.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks. I got a new domain already. What do I need to do so that when people click on the new domain name, it will take them to my website with Vodahost here? Thanks again.

Comment

Now everything is a lot clearer.....
                It goes like this:
                Your 1st domain name is hosted at vodahost and is your primary account.

If you purchased the 2nd domain name from vodahost(domains)
                then you will have been provided with a new url and servername and server Number.
                This can now be added to your account in your cpanel under addons
                and this will open a new folder/directory in your public_html directory.

The above addon (your 2nd domain name) will then have its own seperate
                internet address.

You can now create an index page in your new folder/dir and link to your 1st
                website.
                .................................................. .................................................. ....

If you have bought your 2nd domain from someone else then you will have to wait for 60 days from date of purchase until you can Transfer your 2nd domain name to vodahost.
                In the meantime you can always point your new domain name to the VH servers and start to use it within 24 hours or so.

When both domains are ready for use, the other option is to copy/move your first website pages to your 2nd site/folder........

And there you have it....................
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Comment

Working...
                X