Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soho & PayPal?

Greetings,

If I opt to use PayPal how does that affect my setting up a Soho shopping cart?

Does using PayPal eliminate the need to set up a Soho cart?

Best regards,
    AB

Re: Soho & PayPal?

Was your website created with Soho or BlueVoda and what is your URL ?

You do not need Soho if you have Paypal. Shopping carts are a matter of preference, and there are very good ones created in Soho, and other programs. Read some of the forum's (Beth's ar every good on this subject)

I used BV and Paypal.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Anthony....
      Soholaunch allows you to select from various options to process your transaction, and PayPal is included.

You do not need to use a "cart" to do business online, as you can continue to design your website in Blue Voda and later add PayPal
      .....as adressed in your earlier thread.....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Gentlemen I thank you. Bill I am building it in Soho, but have a merchants acct. with PayPal. My URL is - http://www.treasureislandbooks.com
        but its under construction so I don't think you'll find anything at the URL.

Hello Vasili,
        Good to hear from you and your recommendation to re-set my account seems to have resolved that issue. I am plugging away - this is my 1st website and I just found my new PayPal merchants account and read up on code. I hate code. God this project will put me in the grave young but I'm bound and determined to finish it with BV! I tried others but they didn't even come close to making any sense for me. At least with BV I'm almost done with my web pages and ready to do the shopping cart. Never got this far before. Thanks again dude and sorry for the other night, after hours (I'm so dumb to have tried for so long a time... but my ego told me I could crack the mystery of my own username / password by simply working thur every possible mathematical combination until I got the right one. It didn't work.) I was perplexed and my post reflected a degree of sarcasm, not intended as a full scale assault on BV.

Thanks again,
        AB

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor....

Don't ever hesitate to post a question, or to allow yourself to feel alone as you progress with your "webbing"...we are all dedicated to mutual success, and thrive on the communal affirmation singular to VodaHost and our Community!

"There's Magic in VodaLand!"

Comment

Anthony,
            The paypal pro is an extremely COSTLY processor, you can get a regular merchant account much cheaper. If you are using the freebie, until sales come in, while per transaction is higher than a regular merchant account, but you have no monthly fee. The thing with a regular merchant account is that you can often times run more than one store under the same account provided your products are similar in nature and pricing. Last I read Paypal pro is $20.00 per month per store/site. You may want to investigate a regular merchant account once you get going.

Karen Mac

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
              Anthony,
              The paypal pro is an extremely COSTLY processor, you can get a regular merchant account much cheaper. Karen Mac
              Anthony will not be selling a larger inventory, and the transaction setup & maintenence fees with PayPal shall be far less than a commercial Merchant Account ......

You have to remember, Karen: what previous details were discussed? and is everyone making eCommerce decisions already established as a business or do they just want to transact business without complication?
              "Tagging threads" often adds a variable of confusion both unintended and unecessary. In this instance, as Anthony explored the different options and terms, he would not only find out what would suit his needs best, he would have also gained the experience necessary to capably develop his "business."

Comment

Hey!

I personally suggest using PayPal. They offer great e-commerce solutions. If you get soho you will need to build it with their site builder and it will be two seperat sites.

Paypal will allow you to customize your shopping cart, your products etc. and supply you with the HTML code that you put on your BlueVoda website.
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

I currently have a working blue voda website that uses paypal and it works great for part of my needs. However, my products require the need for color & size choices, the need to input a picture number as well as name and other personal information in order to customize. Paypal required me to create a botton for each item with a different price and no place to put this info. I had to walk customers through each order and they ended up sending me a check. I am currently building a soholaunch shopping cart and am able to have a form pop up with each item to give me the necessary info as well as drop down lists for the different size/priced items. This leaves me more room for different items istead of a button for each option. I am searching for the best merchant account option to go with this but will still use paypal as an option. Any iseas on good merchants?

Comment

Thank you guys - tons of great ideas! Karen the account I have with PayPal is a free MERCHANTS account. Its .30 per unit sale + 2.8% I believe. I did build a cart and posted the PayPal code and what showed up on my site was some weird cryptic lettering. Then a got called away for a few days and will have to try it again.

Thanks again,
                    AB

Comment

Working...
                    X