Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try to use server.action at the FORM

Hi,

I have a problem, I'm trying to submit a FORM to a specific URL using the action, but I'm receiving the follow error:
    Error 500--Internal Server Error

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Anyone help me !
    Tks,
    Paulo

Re: Try to use server.action at the FORM

Check the permissions of the file (URL) where you are submitting.

Should be 644 (normally)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your help. How I can check it ?
      Tks,
      Paulo

Comment

You should enter the hosting account where this action script resides and check its permissions, either with FTP or through the CP File Manager
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you very much for your help !
          Do you know If I can also received the datas for the form also to an email, i.e. together to send to a URL Server and to an email ?
          Thanks in advance

Comment

Yes, you can do both things, with custom scripting. Your form data should be sent to a script of your own that should mail you the info, then it should further submit the same info to this server action script using the CURL library or by opening a socket to that server.

Requires PHP knowledge to create such a script.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks, But I don't have this knowledge. Do you know if I can find this code in any place ?
              Tks,

Comment

Unfortunately there is no standard code to use, it needs to be writen according to data submitted, actions to be completed on your site before sending data through CURL etc.
                Navaldesign

Comment

So, I need to find another solution !
                  I thought to create 2 separate pages with 2 forms, one to be filled and than I submit to an email and than after open a new page with a form that be filled with the informations data (like a confimation) from the first page form amd than send to URL, the question is how to pass the field informations to the next form after I sent it to an email ?
                  What do you think ?

Comment

This requires the visitor to actually click twice, however it is simpler than other solutions.

Technically speaking, you need to create something like a multipage form. The fist form submits to a processor script in another page. Here the processor send you the mail. At this pont. you add another form where all fields are hidden (no need to display them) and you simply ask them to click on "Submit" as final confirmation. This second form submits to the action script of the remote server.

However, this solution ALSO requires some coding, as you can't use the built in Form Processor as is. So if you can put this in practice, you would also be able to do it through my first suggestion (CURL posting).

The issue is rather simple but requires at least a couple of hrs of work by an experienced coder. Maybe you should consider outsourcing this. The cost is relatively low.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

I got. Tks.
                      Do you have an idea how much to do it ?
                      Tks

Comment

Could be something like $60 - 70
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Ok.
                          Sorry to disturb again, but I tried to do the Multiform, I folllow all the instructions that have at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...-tutorial.html , but when I prees the button to go to the next page, automatic appears the success page from the next form (without appears the form !!) and execute the action form the second form, but I put an HTML at this form, but this is not execute !
                          Do you know what can be wrong ?
                          Tks

Comment

Thanks Naval.
                            I achiebed with Multipages to solve the 2 Axtion.
                            Thanks for your help.

Comment

Can somebody help me?
                              I have the same Internal Server error problem.
                              It seemed that it was caused by filling a FORM.
                              Please help me urgently, noone can see my website!
                              I can not access the admin page of the FORM, the only way through FTP.
                              URL permissions 644?
                              It means on the file properties?
                              It shows all file within the directory?

drwxr-xr-x 4 okidrwa okidrwa 4096 Sep 12 16:51 .
                              drwxr-x--- 29 okidrwa 99 20480 Oct 12 16:18 ..
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 okidrwa okidrwa 597 Sep 4 10:11 captcha.php
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 okidrwa okidrwa 143 Sep 12 01:30 contact-form.css
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 okidrwa okidrwa 14704 Sep 4 10:11 contact-form.js
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 okidrwa okidrwa 48559 Sep 4 10:11 form-admin.php
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 okidrwa okidrwa 1262 Sep 4 10:21 form-options.php
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 okidrwa okidrwa 4768 Sep 4 10:11 form.php
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 okidrwa okidrwa 4145 Sep 4 10:11 help.html
                              drwxr-xr-x 2 okidrwa okidrwa 4096 Sep 27 09:40 images
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 okidrwa okidrwa 327 Sep 12 16:51 index.html
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 okidrwa okidrwa 5494 Sep 4 10:11 send-form.php
                              drwxr-xr-x 2 okidrwa okidrwa 4096 Sep 4 10:12 uploads
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 okidrwa okidrwa 2022 Sep 4 10:11 validation.php

Which one should I change to 644?

Thanks
                              Csaba

Comment

Working...
                              X