what's next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's next?

I want to create links for my visitors to download 3 pdf files.I uploaded with file manager the 3 pdf e-books.What's next?

Re: what's next?

You need to create links, just like you would for another page, on your webpage. The links would look something like: http://www.mywebsite.com/nameoffile.pdf

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

but how can I highlight (as the tutorial shows) the pdf files (they are in the cgi-bin folder-uploaded them with file manager)to create the links?

Comment

Originally posted by vagriego
        but how can I highlight (as the tutorial shows) the pdf files (they are in the cgi-bin folder-uploaded them with file manager)to create the links?
        Read this post from *****, and then read it again: Click here
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

O.K I linked the 3 e-books ie www.vagriego.com/seomadeasy.pdf etc the visitors will be able when click on each pdf icon to download them.I tried in the preview page to download them,opens a new window but it's not open the page and shows an error.Is something that I have to do next?

Comment

Originally posted by vagriego
            O.K I linked the 3 e-books ie www.vagriego.com/seomadeasy.pdf etc the visitors will be able when click on each pdf icon to download them.I tried in the preview page to download them,opens a new window but it's not open the page and shows an error.Is something that I have to do next?
            Why have you put them in your CGI bin folder? Your link is trying to find them in your public_html folder (along with all your other pages) so that's where they need to be. Use CP File Manager or FTP Manager to move the pdf files to the correct place and your links should work fine.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
              Why have you put them in your CGI bin folder? Your link is trying to find them in your public_html folder (along with all your other pages) so that's where they need to be. Use CP File Manager or FTP Manager to move the pdf files to the correct place and your links should work fine.
              Now everything is O.K Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X