X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Finley
    replied
    Re: Publishing pages

The absolute safest way is to combine both: http://www etc. That way there is no possiblity for confusion when the link looks for your home page.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• dong347
    replied

Okay I am even more confused.

One says the home button should be www.selfmanagementstrategies.com

The other say home button should be http://selfmanagementstrategies.com

Which is it??????

Leave a comment:

• davidundalicia
    replied

You need to change every home button on every page to read the same as below:

DomainMarket.com sells premium domain names to entrepreneurs, businesses, and nonprofits that want to dominate their online marketplaces and control great brands.

Leave a comment:

• Vasili
    replied

Don .... there is no such thing as a "corrupted link" but you do have to go back and add the "www" to all your links in the Menu buttons so they look like this (the "Home" page link looks like this): www.selfmanagementstrategies.com

And the first page to your website you Saved as and then Published as index correct? (all your web pages must be Named, Saved, and Published using all lower case letter and no spaces if they are to be visible online, and like a book, every website must have one index page as the first page)

So, if you have that index page properly Named/Saved/Published as index the link back to your "home" page is simply www.selfmanagementstrategies.com and nothing else ......

The remainder of your pages must be Named/Saved/Published also with all lower case letters and without spaces (or indicate spaces with a hyphen like-this or an underscore like_this).
    If this is done, they will be viewable online, and the links you will use will look similar to the standard format: www.selfmanagementstrategies.com/corporate-issues.html ; www.selfmanagementstrategies.com/personal-issues.html and so on.

There is nothing difficult about it, especially when we have wonderful Video Tutorials on Linking Pages to detail every step!

Leave a comment:

• dong347
    replied

When I pulled up my thread in General Support Issues the far left column read "moved" and all the detail on the right columns had been deleted. Didn't know what that meant or when it was "moved" to.

On my issues: I changed the homed buttom to read:
    DomainMarket.com sells premium domain names to entrepreneurs, businesses, and nonprofits that want to dominate their online marketplaces and control great brands.

On the other pages for the home button I have:

That combination does not work. I still can not go back to the home page from any other page.

Also the three pages that did not originally publish are still not publishing:

Corporate Issues
    Personal Issues
    Fees

Where do I go from here?

selfmanagementstrategies.com

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• davidundalicia
    replied

Originally posted by dong347 View Post
    what does "moved" mean and how do I find it?
    In what context are you seeing "moved" ?¿

Leave a comment:

• davidundalicia
    replied

Originally posted by dong347 View Post
    Okay, I'll change them but I thought that was what I was to change them to...

What exactly should that home button read?

I'm sorry to need so much help and I thank you for your patience.
    It should read:

Leave a comment:

• dong347
    replied

what does "moved" mean and how do I find it?

Leave a comment:

• dong347
    replied

Okay, I'll change them but I thought that was what I was to change them to...

What exactly should that home button read?

I'm sorry to need so much help and I thank you for your patience.

Leave a comment:

• davidundalicia
    replied

You need to change your menu buttons................

I still see this:
    selfmanagementstrategies.com/selfmanagementstrategies.com

Leave a comment:

• dong347
    replied

I have tried the suggested link. Still can not link back to the home page.

I checked all codes again and republished the three missing pages still no luck.

Any other thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• davidundalicia
    replied

The link back to your home page has been corrupted above:
    USE THIS: http://selfmanagementstrategies.com

Leave a comment:

• davidundalicia
    replied

Use that link In your menu system on the Home button/icon (every page)

Those other 3 links have got me curious, because I could not see anything wrong with them either.

Leave a comment:

• dong347
    replied

I went into cpanel and deleted the three pages:
    corporate issues
    personal issues
    fees

and republished them. Still did not publish so I am missing something somewhere.

Also, I am sorry, but I don't understand the advise on linking back to the home page. Where do I use that info?

selfmanagementstrategies.com

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• davidundalicia
    replied

Link back to your home page like this only:

Try deleting those other 3 html files from your website(use the bv ftp or file manager in your Cpanel) then republish those 3 pages again.

Note:
    Please do not open seperate threads on the same subject.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X