website finally up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website finally up!

I've been here asking questions, and building my updated website in Blue Voda. After moving the files to my new computer, I finally got them uploaded and everything seems to be up and running. I'm still learning some things that I will add later, such as PayPal links (right now I send an invoice), but for now it seems to be functioning fine. THANK YOU Blue Voda for having such a easy-to-use website builder, for having great video tutorials, and for this forum where my questions have always been answered quickly! I never thought I could make a website and tweak it so easily; the old one was created by trial and error and I never could figure out how to make changes. The ease of editing the site is the reason I came over to VodaHost for my site. Again, THANK YOU!!!!!

Re: website finally up!

Nice job, there are a couple of issues you have though. I IE your forms page opens in a pop-up window so users can not see it or use it. In both IE and FoxFire you have over lapping text and all pages, your BIO page has a lot of empty space a the bottom. And I am not crazy about the link type you used, those are more for the bottom of your page. I would suggest a navagtion bar or Menu bar or buttons of some sort.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I've fixed the overlapping text issues (most of them, anyway). I'm curious; my page width is 1000 and I have my site centered in the browser.
      Why does it appear differently on different computers; more specifically, it looks fine on mine but on my husband's it "squishes" the page horizontally instead of utilizing the extra space outside of the edges, or having a horizontal scroll bar appear. Thanks! :)

Comment

It looks great on mine, but I have a very large screen...What size is your husbands? Some are viewing on smaller monitors.
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
          It looks great on mine, but I have a very large screen...What size is your husbands? Some are viewing on smaller monitors.
          His is a standard old desktop monitor; not sure of the size. I guess my question is that I set my page to be centered, and as a result there is extra space on either side of the image borders...as I wanted; why isn't that "extra space" being used up instead of the page content being narrowed? That was why I set my page up that way, so that it would "fit" on any screen, but for some reason the content is being adjusted and the extra space is not. Is there some setting somewhere that I missed?

I did adjust the pages to add extra space to allow for text to fit on those smaller monitors, so the issue is fixed, I guess, but I'd still like to have it look uniform on all monitors if possible.

Thanks for checking out my site, and giving me feedback! That's EXACTLY what I need! :)

Comment

hi paresumes,

u have a very nice site.

pls i wuld love to build mine for professional hr consulting 2.

but i wuld like it 2 luk like www.jobmail.co.za or www.careerjunction.co.za

wht template do i start with. I will be paying 4 vodahost 600g hosting space vey soon.

I've tried downloading d template rm the website but I am having difficulties. Is there any way that I can downlaod onto a c panel that I already have?

Also, I wuld love to build a website for advertising. wht template or wht wht website link can u send me dat will assist me.

I will appreciate it greaatli if you could help me out

Comment

Working...
            X