This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Published add-on domain but...

I'm back already with an entirely new problem.

I bought an add-on domain, followed all the steps to add it to cpanel etc, managed to publish the index page to the new site successfully, however, when I go to view the new website - nada. Absolutely nothing happens, the browser just goes right back to the page I was on originally. I even checked from a different computer and had the same results.

The web address for the site I'm working on is www.lanestrapsupply.com

Any ideas?
    Delle Luce
    Fine Candles & Soaps

Re: Published add-on domain but...

Sometimes it takes 24 hrs or more for the DNS to propagate through the net.
    Wait another 24 hrs and if the problem persists, submit a support ticket.

The above, of course, are meaningfull if you have correctly added the new domain as "Addon domain" in cPanel.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you, I'll give it some more time and see what happens.
      Delle Luce
      Fine Candles & Soaps

Comment

Not mentioned above (and necessary to make sure everything functions) is the step of actually entering the proper DNS/Nameserver information for the Domain with the Registrar where it currently 'resides' after the "Add-On Domain" has been properly created and configured to your hosting account in cPanel --- even if purchased from eNom thru VodaHost, DNS/Nameserver information needs to be set and entered!

TUTORIAL: How to change your name servers (DNS) at various popular registries, including VodaHost Domains.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I've never done this before so I apologize for all the questions.... I'm going through the tutorial step by step, and it doesn't specify whether or not you have to create an account with enom or use the information you used to login when you bought the add-on domain. (I bought my main domain, and the add-on through VodaHost). If I have to create an account, do I go through Instant Reseller, eNom API, or Manage Direct? I have no interest in reselling, I just want to make sure my add-on is set up properly and get it viewable on the web. :/
          Delle Luce
          Fine Candles & Soaps

Comment

I never did figure out how to login to enom, but I submitted a ticket with VH and they took care of it. The site is up and running so I'm good to go. Thank you for your help!
            Delle Luce
            Fine Candles & Soaps

Comment

See? Paying attention to details really does pay off once in a while!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X