Please Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!!!

I already published my site. It is ronees.com.
    I am having two problems. I am unable to get my
    email working I get an error message the requested URL/processingpage.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally a 404 not found error was encountered while trying to use an error document to handle the request.

Also I included a portfolio with my website and when i go on the internet on my computer it comes up but will not from another computer.
    Please help I have spent hours trying to figure this out.,

Re: Please Help!!!

If it were my site I would:

Go over the text, try to get it to flow.

Check a thesaurus or dictionary and try to get a more elegant way to state your case. Transcend means ( I believe) to go beyond a certain limit. She transcended being a hairdresser...she became more than not esceed some limitation...I know what you want to say, but it does not come through the way you intended (I think). Also it is Bar Mitzva so check your spelling more closely. Center your pages. and align your text better where you display your list of services,in fact maybe you could redo or re think that page layout. If not line up Prom to be center with the text w'most characters. Keep at it .
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

>> The Major has given you some great initial advice about spelling, syntax, and composition - and how important they are to successful website building.....
      To make it much easier to "foolproof-edit" your textual content, simply open up MS Word to a new page, and when you have your BV open to a page, simply highlight+COPY your text in BV to then PASTE in onto the Word page....then in Word, using TOOLS, click on Spell Check: this will let you see both the spelling errors and the suggested syntax solutions you can use with just a few clicks.
      THEN, when you have edited your text properly, highlight+COPY the corrected section in Word and PASTE it back into BV (providing you delete the previous, uncorrected version!)

Then, after making the corrections in your textual content, you can apply the same concept of "conformity" upon the remaining elements to your BV pages: centering, page size, alignment, etc.

>> Don't forget the extremly helpful CLONE function in BV to make exact *******tions of your perfected page design both super-easy and not too time consuming! The use of CLONE and copy/paste of content and elements makes for a very abbreviated time to re-do page after page no big deal at all.....not like the old days before we had CLONE!!! That's why us old-timers are blind! LOL
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by rosalie
        I already published my site. It is ronees.com.
        I am having two problems. I am unable to get my
        email working I get an error message the requested URL/processingpage.php was not found on this server.
        Additionally a 404 not found error was encountered while trying to use an error document to handle the request.

Also I included a portfolio with my website and when i go on the internet on my computer it comes up but will not from another computer.
        Please help I have spent hours trying to figure this out.,
        There is no link to your e-mail, did you create one ? example info@ronees.com . If you did create it, highlight the e-mail, in this case "ronees.com" and using the hyperlink button change to mailto and below that mailto:info@ronees.com
        E-mail us at ronees.com

The Portfolio has no pics. Did you move the folders? Save again and publish.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thank you for your comments! as for email I used the bv contact form and i didn't know how to upload it in ftp manager . Could you tell me how to do this?

The portfolio I did through Porta and used a I form on the page because when I didn't I was not able to download the pictures. When I go on the
          internet on my computer the portfolio is fine.
          I am new to this and very confused any help will be appreciated.
          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by rosalie
            Thank you for your comments! as for email I used the bv contact form and i didn't know how to upload it in ftp manager . Could you tell me how to do this?

The portfolio I did through Porta and used a I form on the page because when I didn't I was not able to download the pictures. When I go on the
            internet on my computer the portfolio is fine.
            I am new to this and very confused any help will be appreciated.
            Thank you

I also trid to redo the email and followed it to the letter and I received
            this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /home/ronescom/public_html/thankyou.php on line 81
            Can anyone tell me what it means?

Comment

I cannot access ronees.com
              Choco777
              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I just can't get my email to work i have tried everything.
                I followed the turtorial to the letter. I opened a support ticket and was told
                that i needed to have the script on my thankyou page. the turtorial says to
                place it on the contact page. i am confused.
                Is there something else i should be doing? in a previous email bv said my
                email connection was not set up i set it up in outlook express.

Comment

Working...
                X