X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robot text

Hi

How do I upload my robot text that I have saved on my desktop as a text doc, also do I need to add my sitemap and if so how. Please be gentle with me as I am new to web building LOL.
    Karen

Re: Robot text

Originally posted by karenmccann View Post
    How do I upload my robot text that I have saved on my desktop as a text doc, also do I need to add my sitemap and if so how.
    1. Please read the suggested Thread carefully .... it explains fully how to establish the logical Rules that will govern the SE's and bots as they visit your site.

2. You can auto-generate all of the the files at the www.xml-sitemaps.com website, and you may find the additional explanations and Tips informative as you refine your understanding of the fine points of Internet Protocol and Optimization.

3. The files will automatically be saved in the proper format (sitemap.xml, robots.txt) as they are created for you, and you will need to download them onto your system prior to uploading them to the Root Directory (public_html/) of your hosting account. There is no need to make any changes to them prior to uploading them to the server, and you must accurately create text links on your page using these same file names (i.e. http://wwwyourdomain.com/sitemap.xml).

4. Once you have downloaded the properly formatted auto-generated files to your system (it is suggested you create a separate, special folder to keep them in for handy access and to prevent confusion with other similar files for other websites), it is simple to transfer them to your Root Directory directly using the simplified BlueFTP tool included in BlueVoda itself, which makes proper identification of directories and folders much more obvious than if using the cPanel FILE MANAGER Uploader tool.
    From the BlueVoda Toolbar: TOOLS > FTP MANAGER .... *Please review this Tutorial to learn how to use this tool effectively.

* Be sure that any Rule created in the robots.txt is also included in the sitemap.xml file, and vice-versa: they must mirror each other with 100% accuracy to avoid penalty.

* To manually edit or update the sitemap.xml file, the robots.txt file, you should use the Notebook program included on your PC only, as this program (unlike MS Word or even OpenOffice) does not apply any text formatting that will interfere with the proper code function or file 'readability' by bots or SE's.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X