Add WP Classifieds Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add WP Classifieds Site

I'm getting a classified ads website from Templatic and want to host it with Blue Voda, thats besides the one I already have with Blue Voda www.valleywidenewspaper.com. I have the domain name and I know I go to cPanel to add on domain. When I upload the files that Templatic will supply for my new website will they in in the same cPanel folder as my valleywide website or are the automatically moved to there own folders ?
    Valleywide Newspapers

Re: adding a website

No.
    Nothing is "automatic" .... you must manually create a separate directory for this additional site (either as an Add-On with an independent Domain, as a Sub-Domain upon the "Newspaper" Domain, or as a simple Sub-Directory of the "Newspaper" Domain) BEFORE you proceed manually uploading files and whatever else is required. There are TUTORIALS outlining these processes, all of which you accomplish in your VodaHost cPanel.

When you manually load a website, it means that you must manually place every file in the properly created folder as required.

Additionally, if a website is dynamic in nature (which by your mention it being a "Templatic Classifieds" Wordpress site most definitely indicates that it is -- this is not simply a 'Wordpress Theme' that is easily loaded/'applied,' but a uniquely configured Wordpress Site Template with unique applications built-in) and has any Databases required for it to function, you must also properly create each Database manually PRIOR to transferring data or files that the website depends on for functionality. You can follow the simplified instructions regarding a manual installation of Wordpress which are easily found on the official Wordpress website to properly configure Databases and file upload protocol, but again, these steps must be done prior to any actual individual file upload.

TO AVOID ERROR, REFER TO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS SUPPLIED WITH THE WEBSITE THAT WAS PROVIDED TO YOU.

All necessary Support for the installation, operation, and administration of this product needs to come specifically from the Provider:
    Neither VodaHost nor any of your VodaTalk peers are able (or obligated) to assist you further with this 3rd party product.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

add classified page

I want to add a classified page to my website www.valleywidenewspaper.com. I have all the files, but I'm not real sure where to in install and edit them. Here are the instructions I received,

1. Create a dabase name and datbase username connect them.

2. Import the DB.sql file using phpmyadmin to the database.

3. edit the conn.php file with the database details you crated.

4. Upload all the files to the server.

I think I go to PHPmyadmin and import the zip file and press the go button and that should put the files on the server?

Before I do this I just want to make sure. Will I be able to edit with BV site builder?

Thanks
      Valleywide Newspapers

Comment

Re: Adding a New Website

No, that is not how to do things.

As mentioned above, you have to manually install Wordpress and then create and configure a Database prior to installing any scripts or page files. And, you must first Edit those page files so they have the specific information required for them to operate as well as display your logo, name of site, Home URL, etc.

To load files, you don't simply press a button and things are done automatically .... you need to first create the specific folder required, un-zip your pack, and then individually upload the files according to the detailed instructions provided.

Please re-review the earlier reply above to find some small ground to become a foundation of understanding.

You cannot use BlueVoda to "edit" Wordpress or this Templatic Wordpress Website Template, nor can the sites be "blended" as you keep asking for them to be.

* There are Tutorials on how to use PHPmyadmin, but in all honesty after reviewing your posts and deciphering your lack of overall understanding of what this project entails and will require of you (manual installation of Wordpress,, Database configuration, customization of the Website Template with particular functionality pre-installed, etc.), frankly, you may wish to seriously consider paying to have this professionally installed for you -- either by VodaHost (you can create a Support Ticket with your request for them to reply with a quote; installations start at only $30) or by the provider of this "Wordpress Classifieds Website" (Templatic) or one of their partners.

And ... in keeping with Forum Rules, please stop creating duplicate threads.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X