New site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site

Hi! I've just published my website. I would appreciate any comments.
    I know that my "Guest book" doesn't work, I am working on it right now.
    Please tell me what could be improved.
    Thank you for your help.
    Impulse.

Re: New site

First off it a nice looking site. Now the suggestions #1 add a background color, #2 have your pages open in the same window, #3 your page titles need better keywords or phase than what you have. Those are my suggestions to you. Your off to a good start.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Thank you. I'll try.

Comment

I agree, nice looking site. IMO, I would change the "hover over" font color on your links. The light beige washes out when you "hover". Also, a nice neutral background would give your site a little more texture/depth than the stark white. Just a suggestion~! You have done a great job!
        P V WebSolutions

Comment

Nice job, agree with Joe above on making your web pages open in the same browser and not a new one, nothing more offputting.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi, nice looking site, but will be very slow loading without broadband with the size of some images.
            http://www.vgwoodwork.com/wainscot_bathroom.jpg is around 670kb &
            http://www.vgwoodwork.com/Wood%20Layout.png is at 1.1meg.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you for comments. I guess, I can re-size the image, but can I resize the template? (Wood%20Layout.png is a template)
              Impulse.

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse View Post
                Thank you for comments. I guess, I can re-size the image, but can I resize the template? (Wood%20Layout.png is a template)
                Impulse.
                http://www.vgwoodwork.com
                Hi, should be able to get that one down to around 150kb with no problem. Might have to change it to jpg.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I'm on dial-up and it took over 10 minutes for your homepage to load. Fantastic way to lose customers (with dial-up). However if you have broadband or extreme patience you are exposed to a very nice original website.

Beautifully built but one comment no-one has made yet: If you don't want spam (and lots of it) I would suggest you remove your email address from your pages. There are tons of ways to handle how people email you without exposing your email address to the evil little sods out there peddling spam.
                  www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                  www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                  www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Thank you for comments. I'll try to change my template and some photos, hopefully I can do it. And I agree with e-mail issue and other comments as well. Just need some time to fix it. Thank you everybody.
                    Impulse

Comment

Working...
                    X