FTP Site Page Set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Site Page Set-up

WE are currently using our FTP site howerver we are encountering a few issues in accessing the site.
    1. When ftp://ftp.wilprojects.biz is typed, we are direected into a WEB page and to access the FTP site, we need to click page and then click opent FTP on Windows explorer, which is fine if the Client knows the process. I have seen some FTP site that when opened, it provides intruction on how to. How do we set up this page?

2. Then, before it opens the FTP site, a pops up FTP Folder Error window appears, which is a major issue for us because this is where our Client stops and ring us for assistane. HOw do we get rid of this pop up erroe window?

3. After going through step 2, we then arrive to a FTP site which does not have a log-in window, where Clients are unfamiliar, they again ring for assisnce. How do we then set-up this log-in box for our Client use.

PLease help as we are currently in the middle of a big project and Client assistance is becoming handful for us to deall with.

Thanks.

www.wilprojects.biz
    ID# 33965

Re: FTP Site Page Set-up

Why are you not just using www.wilprojects.biz for client access ?

everything is working OK THAT WAY..............
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi David, Im not sure what you meant by using www.wilprojects.biz? we Use www to access the web site, but sure how the same can access FTP site?

PLease more info. Thanks.

Comment

Is your site on Voda Servers or being hosted elsewhere?
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Zuriatman,

Yes my site is with VODA Server.

Comment

CAn anyone assist please???!!!! we are quite desperate at tis stage.

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
              Why are you not just using www.wilprojects.biz for client access ?

everything is working OK THAT WAY..............
              David has already answered your question and I have been to your site which looks like everything is AOK.

What is this fad for FTP???????????????

Build your pages with BlueVoda and Publish it using BlueVoda
              and forget about the FTP site or what ever it is!
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I dont know what you guys are on about. No fad about FTP. I need the FTP site to upload huge ZIP files so my CLient can access and download it from our FTP site as sending it by eamil will not cut it!!!! . I dont have issues on our web site. its working properly and doing what its suppose to. MY question is about FTP site, our File transfer Protocol which is provide by Voda HOst along with the WEB site? Are you guys familiar with this????? I need to be working properly so i can upload our file which our Client can access and use for whatever exchange of information we need to do for our businness. Zuriatmen, if you are familiar with FTP site, maybe its best not to engage yourself in the forum as yuou are not helping at all but merely making it worse.

Thanks.

For anyone who are familiar witht File transfer Protocal, not WWW, please assists.

Comment

Quote: "I need the FTP site to upload huge ZIP files so my CLient can access and download it from our FTP site as sending it by email will not cut it!!!! . "

Then you should have said so in the first place that you are using the FTP to upload large Zip files.

Download a new BlueVoda and reinstall which should reset your Blue FTP.

You can access your FTP from the top tool bar under Tools. Dont forget to reset your uploading to a much longer period instead of the default time.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  State of Johor.

Comment

Thanks.

I dont have issues accessing FTP manger from BlueVoda. I can access and upload no probelem. My issues are when our client access the site:

MY issues when client access are as follows:

1. When ftp://ftp.wilprojects.biz is typed, they are directed into a WEB page and to access the FTP site, they need to click page and then click opent FTP on Windows explorer, which is fine if the Client knows the process, if not, then they lost the as the page will open to this message "
                    "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

I have seen some FTP site that when opened, it provides intruction on how to. MY question is: How do we set up this page?

2. Then, before it opens the FTP site, a pops up FTP Folder Error window appears, which is a major issue for us because this is where our Client stops and ring us for assistane. My questio HOw do we get rid of this pop up error window?

3. After going through step 2, we then arrive to a FTP site which does not have a log-in window, where Clients are unfamiliar, they again ring for assisnce.Question? How do we then set-up this log-in box for our Client use to access the site and finally dowload files we uploaded?

PLease help as we are currently in the middle of a big project and Client assistance is becoming handful for us to deall with.

Thanks.

Comment

As Far as I know the Ftp in cPanel is only for your use alone and not open to public.

The url you provided in an invalid url. You have also given your ftp url as a sub-domain?

My advice is to submit a support ticket and request VH's help
                      on whether they can help you set up the FTP Download site for your clients.

2nd Option:

Post your request here if you are willing to pay for somebody to set it up for you.

3rd. Option:

Use this and solve your problem immediately.
                      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                      State of Johor.

Comment

Thanks. I actully sent a support ticket and long time waiting for assistance. I just dont know how long does it take before support ticket was actully attented as i have been wating for about a week now, hence i tried the forum

Anyway, I appreciate the time. Thanks.

Comment

Why not load the files to a password protected directory in your main domain and forget about the FTP?
                          You can have a password protected directory for every client.
                          What kind of files are being transferred?

Here's a quick example. This took me apprx 3 minutes and this was the first time I have created a password protected directory.

usmc-trw.com/1-5-10

Username = admin
                          Password = S1ut_RDOVsQG
                          CarbonTerry
                          Semper Fi
                          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                          Zone 5 Photo
                          My USMC

Comment

Download a FTP server. guildftpd works fine, and it's freeware. Search for it, it should be the first result, you need to set permission to specific users or Anybody if you want everybody to ftp your site. Don't forget to choose the authentication (read, write, execute, etc.) for your user it is easy to open the ftp site in windows explorer by going to the "Page" tab on the tool bar and clicking on "Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer" BUT ... The question still remains
                            "Bernard Cheah [MVP]" wrote:
                            * IE take make some changes for ftp access and it is recommended to use
                            * Windows Explorer rather than IE for ftp access.
                            All the above need to set at FTP service properties.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
                              Why not load the files to a password protected directory in your main domain and forget about the FTP?
                              You can have a password protected directory for every client.
                              What kind of files are being transferred?

Here's a quick example. This took me apprx 3 minutes and this was the first time I have created a password protected directory.

usmc-trw.com/1-5-10

Username = admin
                              Password = S1ut_RDOVsQG
                              Hi thanks. can you give me step-by-step instruction in creating a pasword protected directory?

Very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X