Syncing BV files using multiple PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncing BV files using multiple PCs

I am running BV on my laptop and desktop, using identical file structures (c:/Documents and Settings/username/my documents/bluevoda...) on both machines.

I want to make my Laptop the "Master". I originally thought if I opened/edited a BV file on the desktop I could just copy it to the laptop in the same file location to retain the laptop as "master".

However, when I open bv files on desktop, often the image file links are broken.

(I also keep all the image files in a folder duplicated on the desktop machine from the laptop. If I make a change in a file I copy the directory when I'm finished to the other machine).

Should I be doing this differently? Does BV hold other data somewhere else other than the "bluevoda" folder that I also need to copy between machines?

Thanks,

Adrian
    Adrian
    A-B Technology Group

Re: Syncing BV files using multiple PCs

You can use remote storage. Then just keep a copy of bv on each pc.

You can have a remote storage that updates daily. This is also good if you crash.

I also use a mini 500g external hd that makes back ups daily. It is usb and super simple to use and carry back and forth from pc to pc.

You can even use a 80G usb backup.

Just dont forget to back it up!
    www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Re: Syncing BV files using multiple PCs

My computer did CRASH! I had everything backed up on external hd and also on usb. I thought I could go in and drop & drag bv and all that goes with it, when I did nothing would open for me.

Any idea's ..

Thanks,
      auralight
      victorianrosebud.com

Comment

Working...
      X