Two PCs - No images with transferred Master Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two PCs - No images with transferred Master Files

Hi, I want to allow my partner in another city to edit pages that I have created, but she can't get the image content to show.
    Using BlueFTP, I transferred my zipped 'Blue Voda master file' to public_html and my partner has downloaded this file successfully. However, she can only see the text content of my pages - all images are missing. I understand that the images are held in public_html and therefore don't need to be downloaded to her PC - is this correct? Is there a step that we are missing - can anyone suggest what to try?

Re: Two PCs - No images with transferred Master Files

Originally posted by johnwan
    Hi, I want to allow my partner in another city to edit pages that I have created, but she can't get the image content to show.
    Using BlueFTP, I transferred my zipped 'Blue Voda master file' to public_html and my partner has downloaded this file successfully. However, she can only see the text content of my pages - all images are missing. I understand that the images are held in public_html and therefore don't need to be downloaded to her PC - is this correct? Is there a step that we are missing - can anyone suggest what to try?
    Image files are stored in your public_html directory with their filename.jpg or tiff or whatever only if they are linked from within your pages. If they are images embeded in the pages, she must have them in her computer in order to be able to view them. If your partner wants to edit your original BV pages, she can either download the images, store them in her computer under the same name you did, then re-establish the image content in the pages, or simply visit your website, and by rig***licking on the images, save them in her computer. Please note that if editing the pages also involves the images, there may be problems when republishing. So you should either provide your partner with your connection data so she can publish the edited pages directly from her computer, or "synchronize" the files between the two computers after editing, and then you may proceed with publishing.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Two PCs - No images with transferred Master Files

This is not so easy, but it can be done click the below...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...erent-pcs.html
      Last edited by VodaHost; 01-10-2006, 07:29 AM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X