Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding OSC to deeper pages of the website

Hi Guys

I am probably being stupid but just wanted to clarify a couple of issues.

I want to have a website which is hosted in a sub folder i.e. pblic_html/unitnutrition.com therefore www.unitnutrition.com/index.html will take me to a BV developed page index.bvp.

Is it then possible to add osc into the same directory i.e. public_html/unitnutrition.com/store so www.unitnutrition.com/store.html would take me to the OSC part of the site?

If anyone has a similarly laid out site it would be great to see, so I can look at how the URL's link in to each other

Thanks,

Re: Adding OSC to deeper pages of the website

You can put it in the same directory but it's probably better to add a new directory for your store and install osCommerce there. If you install osCommerce to a different directory you can have a main index page that links to the store. Just need to make sure you configure your store properly. The link from your main page to the store would be:

unitnutrition.com/store/index.php (which is the main page for osCommerce)

If you put it in the same folder it will work as long as you use index.html as your main file name. Web browsers pick up on the HTML file first and you would use index.php as the link to your store.

How you do it is ultimately up to you, but a new directory is probably the cleanest way to accomplish what you are trying to do.
    Mattski

http://www.ScorpioFire.com

Comment

Re: Adding OSC to deeper pages of the website

Thanks,

Very Useful

Comment

Working...
      X