Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I really need a forum, or just something to manage my subscribers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I really need a forum, or just something to manage my subscribers?

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have set up a (free) wordpress blog as the start of my not for profit organisation, www.changingwomen.wordpress.com. I also have a domain registered for this www.changingwomen.com.au which is currently not hosted anywhere. I want to have a place where I can post articles (the blog is perfect for this), but the most important part is to have a way that people can become members of the forum, subscribe and contribute to discussions easily.

I am wondering if the best way to handle this is to set up my domain hosting and instal phpBB and just link to the blog? Would phpBB run off a subdomain managed through my existing domain (www.inthebushatthebeach.com) control panel or would I be best to start completely fresh?

Re: Do I really need a forum, or just something to manage my subscribers?

Hi Susannemoore,

My recommendation is for you to use your domain: changingwomen.com.au and buy a hosting account with VodaHost which will provide you with unlimited disk space for you to install your forum. Once your domain is installed in your hosting account, you can just open a folder and install your forum in the folder. You can name your folder anything you like i.e."myforum"etc.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Re: Do I really need a forum, or just something to manage my subscribers?

Since you already have a VodaHost account, you can add the new domain as "Addon domain" and install your forum there . You can even install (automatically) the forum or even Wordpress automatically through your main cPanel.

I don't, however, see, how you can connect this forum (or your domain hosted wordpres) with the blog you currently have on the wordpress site.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X