X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check it out ..... let me know what you think

http://www.rwimaging.com

Re: check it out ..... let me know what you think

From what I saw.....the colors and layout are good. But the biggest problem is that every link opens in a new window. So to navigate through your site I will have 30 browser windows open. Fix this and post when you have done that and We can take a closer look.

Also- your menu bars are not in keeping with the excellence of your site. I would use the menu button that you used for the "Back" link for your main menu buttons. Or- find a more classy menu button.

I look forward to looking at the rest as it really looks good so far.

Cheers- Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

yeah I have been so far disappointed with the menu bar choices ....
      I originally was using the individual glass bottons you mentioned but I found out the hard way that you cannot re-copy blank ones .. for some reason they copy adjacent bottons info.. very frustrating ... you have to start from scratch for each one it seems.

Comment

Not true- copy the image of the button into (i believe) the nav folder in BV. Then it will be available along with all the other buttons. This is true for any image you want to add into the nav bar selections.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

OK ..I'll try that ..I knew there must be a trick for that...
          and I'm fixing the page link problem now .....
          it's forcing me to understand blank,self,parent and top

Comment

Check out this tutorial by Navaldesign

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Ok...............now lets take a look now that the links are fixed.

-The color scheme is very nice, easy on the eyes and pleasant.

-Look for new menu buttons as we discussed

- Layout: Ideally, you need to convey the jist of your site in the first 800 pixels from top to bottom. Additional content can be put down further- but the first 800 is what you get and keep their attention with.
              -Width: I try to keep my pages at 900 width for overall content. Any more that that and you risk sidways scroll bar which is a huge no-no.
              -Your logo, as well as the navigation buttons back to home page or the next page should never be at that bottom of the page or at a point where they have to scroll down to find it. Surfers are fickle and get turned off quick and that is one of the triggers. Think about putting your "Home" button in the middle.
              .........more in a minute
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

..........continued

- some of your pics are cut off at the top on a couple of the pages
                - Talk2Me: you have that as a link to a mail client such as Outlook. Not everyone has outlook and thus you have created a problem for them as the link will not open and some may not be able to figure it out. I oftern will creat an image of my email address and then put it there as a picture. That way they can copy it down and the email harvesting bots don't spam me to death. Might want to consider a contact form.

Anyway- you're off to a great start! Keep up the good work.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

.....now why didn't I think of imaging the email address?? Clever, Andy - thanks :)
                  Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
                  X