One for FF experts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for FF experts....

OK please help... this is driving me nuts! Over the last couple of days my FF sometimes opens - sometimes not. Presently I can't open it from anywhere! Trying to get help from FF is not easy....I thought maybe I'd just reinstall FF & hope things would right themselves, but when I run the setup it tells me I must close FF to be able to continue with the installation!! Similar comments come when I try to UNinstall the existing FF! Very frustrating!
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Re: One for FF experts....

Try "Ctrl Alt Delete" & select windows task manger, then to the Applications or processes tab & have a look to see if its still running. If FF is still running in the background. If so! hi-light & click on end task.
    Another thing to watch with FF is the ccleaner that VH recommend has a yayoo task bar. FF doesn't like this either.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris for trying to help........I'm hampered somewhat by having a German computer & I'm not fluent!! So far haven't been able to find Windows task manager!!
      One other thing that's happened: normally I can open BV, click on Tutorials then Community & get straight to these forums. Not now! I have to enter BV in IE'S search window & go that way!!
      BTW I know about the Y a h o o tool bar & I always make sure that's not installed..............
      What I don't understand is why my computer thinks FF is still running?
      Any further help much appreciated....
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

....UPDATE.... OK, Chris - first of all I have Vista & the task manager is found with Cntrl-Shift-Esc.....stopped the old Ff & installed the new & everything is now just fine Thank you :)

Comment

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

....er not quite! Maybe you can help with this "connected" problem: When I first got this computer with Vista it automatically connected to the net whenever I switched on. Then it changed so that I had to click on the FF icon - no problem - now, though, for some reason I have to open Picasa to activate the internet connection then click on FF to get my home site up.
            I accept it must have been something I have done along the way & I've tried asking moz. & Google/picasa for help but none so far. Of course I'm still waiting for M'soft Vista help to come LOL.
            I'm sure it has something to do with my Internet Options settings but I just can't get it sorted.......any ideas?

Comment

How about just using CCleaner and just clean it out of your PC system.

Then install a new download.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thanks Zuriatman for trying to help.....I 've already "cleaned" using CC & another good one - doesn't change anything!
                What are you suggesting I should re-install?

Comment

I have all 3, IE8, FF and also Opera.

Eventhough how you optimize your browser they pages still present itself differently.

If you look at your Awstat, IE8 useage is still highest so
                  you would need to optimize for IE8 first, Fire Fox 2nd followed by the rest.

The latest Opera is very stable.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Huh?

Comment

Try a System Restore.
                      Start/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore
                      CarbonTerry
                      Semper Fi
                      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                      Zone 5 Photo
                      My USMC

Comment

Tks, Terry....yeah I tried that - no change!
                        It's not such a big deal, I suppose....just irritating sometimes LOL
                        Another thing that's just started to happen is if I don't exit completely from browsing & clear the FF screen, when I next click on the FF icon it wont open. I have to Cntrl - Shift - Esc & "end" the FF session before I can resume???

Comment

Working...
                        X