This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Facebook Status to Website

Hi is there anyway to have a live facebook staus on your webiste? as in when you update your facebook staus it atomatically updates to your website aswell?

Thanks,

Martin

Re: Adding Facebook Status to Website

Facebook provides various bits of html code that can be used on your website. Have a look there first. If 'status updates' are covered, copy the code and paste it into a html box and place it where ever you want it on your BV pages.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by mjshort View Post
      Hi is there anyway to have a live facebook staus on your webiste? as in when you update your facebook staus it atomatically updates to your website aswell? Thanks, Martin
      No.

Facebook requires Users to be Logged in to view, post, or reply as the platform itself is modular and unable to communicate outside of the "site" itself.

You can, however, import RSS feeds and blog posts from outside of Facebook to automatically update your Profile page, but everything that is Facebook stays on Facebook.

Here are a few resources to help you network your Blog, if you have one and choose to do so:
      Networked Blogs.
      How to Import Your Wordpress into Facebook
      Other Wordpress Integration Videos (add Twitter From Facebook to WP Sidebar, etc.)
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for that guys, What I have ended up doing if any one else wants to try this is linking my facebook fan page with my twitter account and got an embeded code from twitter and put it in html box, that way when I update my fb status it goes to twitter then to my website. You can also change the style and dimensions looks really good!!

If anyone wants to have a look.

www.martinshortracing.com

Comment

hahaha...You didn't say a 'Fan Page' in your original post. This doesn't require a user to be logged in to see 'status updates'. If they want to use the 'like' feature then Facebook will prompt them to log in.

I'm glad you've found a work around though.
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
          X