My New Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Blog

Well in a thread a while back (I was having trouble getting wordpress installed, sorry karenmac) I said when I finally got the blog up and running I would tell everyone...so here it is www.cashblog-n.com It's nothing special, pretty ordinary actually. My main ambition online right now is to generate a income stream or two (or three or four, you know what I mean). The only reason I settled on the ProSense Theme is it's SEO characteristics and it's AdSense readiness.
    Anyway, comments good or bad, it's all good.
    Thanks for all your help,
    Jerry

Re: My New Blog

Well good job on getting it up! Template seems to work well with what you are doing.

Dont ask me to comment on your content tho...lol... the better the content the better your ad results...

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen Mac,
      Please do comment on my content I want to hear what you have to say.
      The best way to improve my abilities is to hear constructive criticism form internet veterans such as yourself, and learn from it!
      Thanks,
      Jerry

Comment

Well your best content is in LINKS ELSEWHERE, not in anything youve said or done.. unless thats the plan to get them to click SOMEWHERE ELSE. You didnt post anything to keep me interested...like how much money you made today, or what you actually did to make money. Then i read something about creating 35 or 40 blogs... id be running right out of there...

While you might want them to click elsewhere for the money.. you need SOMETHING to get them to click to you in the first place

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen Mac,
          I asked you to give it to me straight, and I guess you did.
          Just FYI, I went to your website KMAC Enterprise, just to see some good content, and your site didn't load properly. I use Foxfire and since I think alot of people do, and you're in the business of web design, I thought you might like to know.
          Jerry

Comment

You need to add the flash addon...lots of sites have flash these days and its a flash menu.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Jerry

I like your style of writing - I think you could take this far. Your blog sounds honest, earnest & entertaining.

There's endless stacks of 'money-making' blogs though - most not making any money. Blogs such as problogger, doshdosh and shoemoney have templates that really stand out, and engaging content because they really are making money.

I think the template looks a little plain as it is now. There's lots of adsense themes out there - and also adsense plugins. Or you can modify your theme to make it unique.

Yeah I choked when I saw the 35-40 blogs bit too. This kind of strategy might have worked some time back - but in a very saturated environment, I really think you'd be chasing your tail.

Trying to seo 40 sites, gain inbound links for them all, plus the upkeep and writing content for all of them - would be a massive undertaking.

I think a far better strategy is to concentrate on your cashblog'n site. Make it huge, give it a face (yours) and take others on your journey as you go about trying out different methods of making money. Be sure to include your mistakes, and to tell people what didn't work. People love to know about that kind of stuff - as long as it's honest and real.

Comment

Thanks Sunchaser,
                I appreciate the compliment.

I know the money making niche overflowing with sites, but after giving it much thought, I decided to go there anyway. I have an interest, no a passion, for that topic.

I, of course just got the blog up and running, but will work on customizing the theme in time. I figured getting some content to be the priority right now. The fact I don't know how to do the customization yet has a little something to do with it too.

The 30 or 40 blogs would actually be Mini-niche-blogs, just a page or two covering the topic well, and optimizes for, a set of long tail keywords such as "changing to oil in my car". You would of course have to get on the first page to realize any traffic. This could of course could become one of those mistakes which would give me something to blog about :o)

Putting most of my effort into CashBlog-n.com has always been my plan, I just want to experiment along the way.

FYI The whole Mini-niche-blog idea I got from a guy name Griz (I love that name) check his site out at Make Money for Beginners and let me know what you think.
                Jerry

Comment

PS I meant to add this above:
                  A little bragging if I may, I've gotten to page three in Google for "cash blog" in just a few weeks...so at least I'm doing something right with the SEO of my blog. Now "cash Blog" only gets 5000 to 6000 searches a month but what the hay, I'm not complaining!

Comment

Yes but WHO is looking for cash BLOG? more are looking for how to make money online... so it does NO good to rank for something NOBODY looks for...so think again.

I get 85 MILLION plus search results for that on google, and you arent anywhere in the top 100

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

On my computer I'm #31, I dropped a spot. I figured my chance of getting on the first page for keywords like make money online was non-existent. The keywords cash blog while only searched for 6000 times a month, at least gives me the chance of a first page appearance, and 6000 people looking at my listing is...well better than none.

Comment

You wont get all 6000 clicks if you are number 31... maybe you might get 10
                        I just double checked... from my husbands computer with a different ip... no results in the first 11 pages for your blog

<edit> I would guess that the majority of those searches are done by other people with CASH BLOGS to see where they rank.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

OK, yes I see you - that's page 4 on Google. Now, you are saying that there are actually 5-6000 searches for that term per month? That surprises me. However, out of those searches, it's my guess that maybe 5- 10 of them might make it to page 4, if you're very lucky. The real feat now is going to be getting from page 4 to page 1 on that term. Then you might start seeing traffic from the term.

Good luck.
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

That's funny Karen Mac!
                            Yeah, Bethers I know I have to get on page 1 or no good will come of it. I was surprised to be in the top 1000 actually, I used that url for months on a wordpress.com blog and don't think I got in the top 1000. I didn't worry at all about seo then though.
                            Hey Karen Mac maybe most of the searches this month was me looking eh.

Comment

Well you can blame google.. it has about 6 servers now. Obviously they arent all on the same page.. but seriously.. that term is NOT the best term you should be wanting to be found for. Not joking at all here...seriously... if i was looking for how to make money online...cash blog isnt what id type in.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X