This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a # mean after the dns name

I just republished my site map and I have a both my index page showing up as well as it showing up with a /# When I acess it from a browser it goes to my home page...so what is it for? I excluded it from the sitemap when publishing, should I exclude or leave it in there....

Thx
    Brenda H
    Brenda
    www.ctrivercandles.com

Re: What does a # mean after the dns name

Have no idea what you are talking about.
    Symbols showing, on which page, where is it showing, etc.
    Actually it sounds like you set a link on your pages (improperly configured) and are clicking on it regularly?

To exclude pages from being spidered, you must first create Rules by creating a robots.txt file: the sitemap.xml file merely echoes the robots file, as explained here > The robots.txt file (don't forget to read the second post also).

Please review the logic and tips in this post > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/348521-post2.html
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Let me explain more clearly.....when I run Sitemap from the Tools menu, I get a list of all of the links in my website. The one I'm referring to shows up like this:

There is also the link without the #, like this:

When I try to access the # version from a browser it goes to my home page. What I'm trying to find out is what does the # mean, I can't find a link anywhere on my site that references it. Possibly there's a way, but I don't know how...

My question was when I create my sitemap, should I include this url or not since it seems to be a duplicate of the home page....

Thank you,
      Brenda
      Brenda
      www.ctrivercandles.com

Comment

Swallow a camel, strain on a gnat!

Create your sitemap independent from Blue Voda for optimal results, using the provider mentioned for complete compliance.

As far as the bookmark symbol in the Home link of the sitemap -- it's supposed to be that way, and is not created for any human use. Lose the preoccupation with the sitemap and let it function as it was written for the Search Engines, and not for people.

Hopefully you also have created a robots.txt file along with your sitemap.xml file, and are following the directives as mentioned in this post.

Comment

Just did as suggested...
          Brenda
          www.ctrivercandles.com

Comment

Excellent!

Sometimes things are just too simple, and our minds force us to over-think and complicate in order to make us feel as if we are actually doing the right things or making our efforts equal to making a difference, you know?

.... and on we go!

Comment

Working...
            X