Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My computer crashed and all files are lost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My computer crashed and all files are lost!

My motherboard death and i lost all the data on the raid disk, i have a backup, bat is very old.
    I make the backup from the server... but bv not read the page.
    Have a way to restore the file...
    Please help me.
    Thanks at all.

Andrea

Re: I'm in a big trouble local file of my site are lost!

I think you have to manually put it back in the exact directory it was in. you may need some help doing something like this.

Comment

Re: I'm in a big trouble local file of my site are lost!

Originally posted by cpubasics1 View Post
      I think you have to manually put it back in the exact directory it was in. you may need some help doing something like this.
      No, that was not much of a helpful answer.
      Apparently her HD fried before she had a chance to publish some pages (to the server), as she states she cannot find the page files.

Your best bet is to find a computer technician who might be able to recover data from your HD directly, then move everything to a new system altogether. It may even be possible to hook up your hard drive as as you would an external, or additional drive to see if you can yourself open/move/copy files and folders to another computer .... You could then publish your pages, but unless your data can be successfully recovered, then you will need to *******te your efforts by starting over.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: My computer crashed and all files are lost!

If as you said, your mother board fried, then your data is not lost. The general is right. If you have another, or new system, you can take the hard drive from your old system and put it in a external case and hook up with a usb cord and then see your data on the old drive, and move it to the new one. Good Luck!!
        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Re: My computer crashed and all files are lost!

i did this with my hard drive from my old laptop whose motherboard went bad.
          i pulled the hard drive and connected it to my new laptop using a usb 2.0 to sata/ide cable i got online made by creative i/o. i think it cost me $25 bucks with shipping.
          i then got an external hard drive case for it and it is now a 40G external hard drive. if you are challenged by all this you can get a computer shop to do it for you for $40-$50. i just wanted to do it myself.
          the shop can put your old files on your new pc or onto an external hard drive, which makes better sense and worth the expense.
          .bv page files that failed to publish when it crashed should still be on the hard drive if you saved them before publishing.
          good luck.
          journey462001
          www.limitationsmusic.com

Comment

Working...
          X