This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link colors

After a server upgrade and d/ling the newest BV, I cannot get my links to show as my settings.
    For example, In the page properties - Format I have the link color reading "black'. On each link, I have the style set to 'link' with black text and no underline, and 'hover' to 'Bold' and underline' with purple text. However, when I publish the page the text links are blue and underlined and there is no bold when hovered.
    These all previously worked before the upgrades. I've had to republish all the pages because the links showed a default of the background color and thus did not appear. I've been working on this for a few days and Support has just advised me that this is a 'design issue'.

Look at http://www.thegoofygiftshop.com for these changes - then look at

which I have not republished . The links from the header which are missing of the left side of the page will show once I publish the page but will be in blue color. However the 'Then and Now' ink at the bottom works as it should but will not after I republish the page. Any ideas what I am doing wrong. Thanks
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Re: Link colors

You have enabled the "Enable external CSS file style sheets for page specific styles" in Options General.

Please publish again the pages selecting, in the "Publish" dialog window, "Publish all files"
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

WOW! I unchecked the 'Generate external...page specific' on both the header page and the index page and it works perfectly!
      I never would have known to do that. I sincerely thank you for this and all the help you so unselfishly contribute. Thank you.
      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

I am having the same problem with bluevoda 12.2 but "Generate external...page specific" is already unchecked and it's still doing it. I set all of the link colors to a light blue but when I hover over them in preview mode they change to red or green. When I publish a page, it's the same. Any ideas?

Comment

Linked Text - Hover color

This was previously posted but closed before it was resolved.

The problem was that the default hover color changed overnight from blue to green. I could find no way to change the default hover color. But it seems that a .css file can determine link colors. So, with Support's help, we discovered that I had many pages with '.css' files created when the pages were published. I have no idea why these were created. But it appears that these files were apparently corrupt or somehow messing up the links.

To solve the problem, I went into Legacy File Manager and to the add-on domain and deleted every .css file there.
          Now the links show the blue hover as they should show and in fact did show prior to the change.

Now if I just knew some way to create a site without having to manually create the pages I would be set. I do use the single page menu and header but don't see how that would help with entirely different links on numerous pages.

Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

As mentioned, you cannot change the BlueVoda coding, but since BV uses CSS to define styles and attributes, you can directly modify the CSS page files accordingly (which is simply the manual manner, instead of using the commands from within BV itself).
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X