This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxes appeared on my home page

I have not updated my home page for some weeks, yet when I looked at my website today I saw two boxes loading over the image of a car at the top of the page. I have tried on two PCs and multiple browsers, but the problem persists. On one PC the boxes load and remain as white rectangles, on another they appear as white rectangles then change to embossed outlines over the pictures in the Banner Rotator.

I have checked my index page on BlueVoda and there are no boxes or old hidden elements on the page. I have checked through the contents of the Ad Banner Rotator and there is nothing amiss. The odd thing is that I don't get the problem when I use the Preview function from within BlueVoda, only on the live page. I have tried republishing the index having checked it using the Preview function, but the boxes persist on the live page. Yes - I did refresh!

Any ideas how this could have happened, and how I can fix the problem? As you might imagine it is making my website look very amateur.

The page concerned is www.experttuning.co.uk

Many thanks

Paul

Re: Boxes appeared on my home page

I seem to have fixed the symptoms, if not the cause. By deleting the entire top section of my index page and replacing it (cut and paste) with the same content from another page, the boxes no longer show. I still see them loading when I refresh the browser, but at least they're getting overlaid with the pictures in the Rotating Banner.

There's obviously still an underlying problem as I see the boxes loading onto the page when I refresh. There was never a sign of these boxes loading before today, and the site has been up and running for nearly two years. I had not changed the index page for months, so the boxes are not down to a recent change.

Although the symptoms have been hidden, I'd appreciate it if you could shed some light on why this may have happened, and how I might make a permanent and proper fix.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Without poring over your Page Source (which you too, can do via PREVIEW) to see if I can find any orphaned objects, I still suspect that you may have some transparent Shapes lingering from an earlier page version, possibly placed with intention to use them as links .... BV12 or not, the page will load in the order with the last object placed on the page propagating first followed by the first objects placed on the page propagating last - the same sequence that we are all seeing.

You may wish to "rip" a saved copy of the index page a layer at a time, making good use of CONTROL+A to "highlight" all the objects until you can identify the offending shape.

Preface correction by saving a copy of the index page as "repair" so after deleting layers (objects) from the index page, you can then COPY them once again from the "repair" source page.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Many thanks for the help, as always.

The odd thing is that the boxes no longer appear, not even after a page re-load. I have done nothing since the problem was appearing. At least I know what to do if the problem re-occurs. WHile there's no sign of the boxes I will leave well alone though!

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X