Duplicator Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicator Plugin

Has anyone had success in getting the Duplicator plugin to work on Vodahost? I have got it to work on a few sites with almost nothing on them, but anything bigger runs into problems.

The main problem is a Timeout issue. Ideally one other setting needs changing.. open_source_dir needs to be disabled.

I have about 4 weeks of emails going round in circles with support and after being told that timeout could not be increased and the php open_source_dir could not be disabled, those have both been eventually changed. BUT, the timeout issue exists and frustrating as I wish to do a major site rebuild on local host.

This is a brilliant plugin which will "Duplicate, clone, backup, move and transfer an entire site from one location to another".
    Details here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I have been asked to set up a new ticket on this with support as the whole thing has got to long and complicated. I will do this today.

However I am keen to hear from anyone who has had success using Vodahost with Duplicator. My understanding is that it works fine with most other hosts.
    Cheers,
    Muzz

Re: Duplicator Plugin

Originally posted by zzzmuzz View Post
    Has anyone had success in getting the Duplicator plugin to work on Vodahost? My understanding is that it works fine with most other hosts.
    It is not so much as an issue about the "host" as much as it is about Wordpress installations that have been installed via Fantastico: the Plug-in you mention was originally created for "complete manual installations" and does not [fully] support the auto-install scripting that also involves the database auto-configuration done by Fantastico .... you need to read the documentation entirely!

You do know that you can upload the Zip file via FILE MANAGER in cPanel without unpacking it, rather than trying to upload it via the Wordpress Dashboard, correct? This will have an influence on the "timeout" issue, as well as directly impact the integrity of the file.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X