This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress blog had vanished and admin inaccessable

Everything was going along fine for months until ... A few days ago I attempted to add a "register" plugin,and was following instructions ok,or so I thought. I was adding a code into the theme (I think) and after hitting save ......poof!

The blog vanished completely. The browser shows a blank space and admin has completely gone and inaccessable.
    Have I lost the blog permanently or can it be retrieved? the blog was http://inalaarts.com.au/community-arts/. No longer urgent but I would like to know just what happened to try and avoid a re-occurrence.
    M.J.Ming

Re: Wordpress blog had vanished and admin inaccessable

Un-install the Plug-in and see if the WP resets overnight.

If not, un-install ALL the Plug-in's to see if WP resets itself overnight before re-installing only the Plug-in's previously installed -- EXCEPT the one that apparently caused the problem.

If none of these efforts prove fruitful, submit a Support Ticket to see of there is anything that can be done.

UPDATE:
    Upon viewing your Site, it appears that in fact you did not "install a Plug-in" as described, but instead edited (added code to) the WP Stylesheet itself without first creating a Child Theme.

You should know better than messing with the WP Code itself!

Making changes to Wordpress?
    Create a CHILD THEME first! > > HOW TO CREATE A CHILD THEME IN WORDPRESS

So, since that was not done. there is only a couple things worth trying:

1. Try removing the code entirely that you added to see if that makes a difference. You should still be able to access the WP Dashboard via the usual link: www.InalaArts.com.au/community-arts/wp-admin/ (if that's where you installed the Blog) and use the Themes > Edit function to remove the errant Code.

2. In the WP Dashboard, switch Themes to give the DB access to a clean-code Theme with functionality. Then, delete the messed up Theme altogether (also via the WP Dashboard-Themes). Re-install the Theme, and re-apply it. This should "erase" all instances of corruption.

3. If after removing the improperly added Code and "restoring" the clean Theme nothing happens, try updating your installation of WP from your cPanel -- which should over-write the older, corrupted WP Code.

Again, if nothing goes right after these attempts, Submit a Ticket to see if there is any way it can be restored from the Database.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you, Vasili, for all your remarks and suggestions. However, I cannot do any of those things that I know of as all I have is a blank page at www.InalaArts.com.au/community-arts/wp-admin/ which IS ... (or was) the place where the blog was installed. I will send for help with more details by taking your "Submit a Ticket" suggestion. I'm afraid after all this time I'm not familiar with "Child Theme" and I was too late with realising the major hassle of "messing" with WP code itself. As I have no access to any WP Dashboard or anything associate with my disappearing blog I see no alternative but to submit that ticket in the hope maybe of an answer and/or a retrieval plan.
      M.J.Ming

Comment

Again ...

" 3. [You can always] ... try updating/upgrading your installation of WP from your cPanel -- which should over-write the older, corrupted WP Code. "

Certainly you have access to your Hosting Account cPanel, and this option may still prove helpful, as it automatically deletes any code changes not installed via Child Theme creation ...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X