Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menu Buttons Assistance

Hi all,

I recently made a change to 1 page on my site (www.andriarestaurant.co.uk) and since then I have got "mis-behaving" menu buttons. If you go to my site and check out all the options I get 2 pages where the buttons are correct, but on 2 of them the buttons have gone a strange colour. Please can anyone tell me what I have done wrong and how I can correct it? I have tried deleting then menu buttons, publishing the page without them, and then recreating them and republishing, but the problem came straight back!!

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Dave

Re: Menu Buttons Assistance

The problem is that the 3 menu buttons on the second page all appear in a terrible shocking pink colour. On another page which only has 2 buttons, 1 is correct and the other is pink. On the first and last pages all 3 buttons are fine.

Thanks.

Dave
    www.andriarestaurant.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

the problem is due to the fact that BV9 now takes into account the button image transparency (which it didn't up to version 8. In fact, the fuchsia color of your buttons is the color that BV assigns to transparent shapes.
      The solution involves openin the button image in whatever software (windows Paint, which we all have by default installed in our computers, will do the job) and saving it again. Paint does NOT preserve the transparency details, so your button will appear as it should.

The button images are in c/Programs/BlueVoda Website Builder/navbar.

Open Paint, then open the specific button (it is file 464646, this is the one you are using and save it again. Then open your pages, and save them again. Republish.

Please note that you might have to perform an intermediate step:

Replace the button type, in your menu, with another one, then change it back to the one you want. This might be necessary because sometimes BV will see that no change has been performed, and it will still keep the OLD image, the one with the transparency
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign.

Your solution worked perfectly!!

If you're ever in Cyprus then this is the best restaurant in Paphos.

Regards,
        Dave
        www.andriarestaurant.co.uk

Comment

I hope i get there for vacation some day. I'm Greek, so Cyprus is like home to me
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X