Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to approach building a website for someone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to approach building a website for someone else?

I have been asked to build a website for a Church. If I use my own pc with bluevoda to do this will it be possible to transfer the finished product onto their pc. I am assuming they will have signed up for vodahost and will update it themselves once done. I am concerned that vodahost isnt set up to allow a transfer of a website created with bluevoda to another pc, also I am not sure about the procedure to transfer the finished product onto their pc and vodahost account?

Re: Best way to approach building a website for someone else?

Vodahost's Soholaunch might be worth a look at, as its an online program that you can access & use from any computer.
    BV can be used on 2 computers, but you need to get the file paths the same to keep life easy.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Best way to approach building a website for someone else?

.... or,from Square One, load BV onto a 4g (minimum) thumb drive and also create and keep all the folders for all your resources (images, objects, text, etc.) on the same drive to maintain the continuity of all the paths so to make it simplified to access from different computers. Basically use the thumb as the default 'slave' drive, "separate" from any one system, that you run BV off of.

When it's time, you can then relinquish the thumb and there will be no loss of source path for any of the files and everything will be accessed the same way as it was originally designed and published.

And ... I agree ... There is something to be said of using a builder that is truly web-accessible only, and has Admin Panels that are universally manageable such as Soholaunch, Wordpress (especially), or even Joomla. An added plus to using such a platform is the support and resources available in those communities as well, in addition to the global evolution of the platform itself, which will continually provide the plugin's and added features that are so desired.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X