No announcement yet.

Vista Comp died, now on Mac...Yikes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Comp died, now on Mac...Yikes!!!

So after my pc died I bought what I've always wanted, a Mac. Didn't know that BV didn't work with Macs. So I'm pulling my files off my dead pc today.

I've heard that you can run an emulator so that you can use BV on a Mac. My big question is, when you do this with BV, where do all the files need to be saved? Or will I need to redo all my pictures. Just wondering because if I move a pic to a different file location on my pc, the pic would disappear from my site if I republished without reuploading the pic from the new location.

Any general tips for making the switch? I'm going in for an hour of "one on one" with an *pple nerd this Saturday and just want to make sure I'm prepared to get all this done in that one hour!

I just want to make sure that this will still work and not be much easier to redue my site and host with another Mac friendly company.

Thanks!!!

Re: Vista Comp died, now on Mac...Yikes!!!

It is called Parallel something!

I suppose once BV is installed a BlueVoda folder is automatically created as in windows.

Since the path to your graphics and file is not the same as your pc, yyou will find your bvp pages with a lot of missing stuff which you have to reinstate.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
    X