X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second site

here is my second site for review

Re: second site

I like the setup, colors and navigation.
    Improvements that I see:
    1. title your pages - they are all untitled
    2. cut your length of each page down to the end of your site map - page is too long
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

how do you cut page lengths i tried right click and went half the present settings but still too large, working on page names just found out how to do it.

Comment

I have no great way to say it, so I guess I have to just be blunt: your spelling is atrocious!

I would suggest COPY/PASTE everything into Word to let spell checker do its thing, and then re-pasting back onto your web pages....starting with your footer links. Sooo many errors....like "Marrage" "Miniture" and Power point" (the "P" in point should be capaitalized.....and "mer-maid" is not hyphenated.....stuff like that.

Is this pretty much a clone of your first, and just another domain that is activated to create a different spin to pick up stragglers via Search?
        Do you really need to support 2 different Brands??
        Why didn't you simply redirect the domain to your original site (which is still being refined to proper construct standards, I hope) rather than dilute the relevancy and uniqueness?
        Such ill-defined duplication* to any degree diminishes the value, and is not likely to be differentiated by the SE's as anything but suspect.

You do know that if sites have very similar content that they are both held "suspect" by the Search Engines, right? They put both off to the side of favor until they can determine if one or the other is fraudulent or plagiaristic in nature.....which was the bane of affiliate sites (until they figured out how to use php-platforms to weave in unique content to dynamically present from DB created pages).

* Ill-defined due to BV's HTML/CSS hard formatting, which does not allow specific inner-coding of tags or relevancies.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Frank

Before you shorten the pages my friend, you need to slide up all your images/shapes etc and shorten them, and your background if you used an image rather than coded it in. Then right click, page properties, title (name your pages) and shorten the dimensions. Start at around 800 in length and then adjust from there.

For never having BUILT from scratch before, you are doing fine.. it comes one step at a time! Dont let the old pros scare you before youve even started up. Just do what i do and buck right back up to them.. :) Everyone started out someplace.. no one was born a guru in web construction..

I know you dont wanna be a pest, but if you are really getting stuck you know how to find me! Vasili is right tho, be cautious of content on the same account. If you are running identical content, consider a second account so its not likely on the same server, and then also watch your descriptions. Before you jump to the third site, lets get these two tweaked, titled and in order, then your third will be a snap!

Youre learning very quickly considering this is what .. the second week of website building?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Vasili
            thank you for your input. You are right 123 was a test bed for roxy;s

i have one more product to move over than I will shut it down.

any help on shortening the page lengths.there is too much space at the
            bottom.

Comment

Frank..

I just told you.. first shorten up those shapes and backgrounds by clicking on them and then using the lil dots, handles to push them up shorter. Then right click page properties and then you should be able to size the page there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

The gradient on the page is to strong and hurts the eyes. Try going with something more enjoyable and soothing for the viewer.
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

sorry karen i did not see your reply before i rattled off, i will do as you suggested, i have tried it on the minirods of 123 if that worked will apply to roxys site which will be my maine store

Comment

ok 123 no longer exists merged with roxysmarinemart.com.

Comment

Good Job Frank!

Youre getting there, and youve done a great job and learned alot! Just keep tweaing up those little things, and soon youll be posting more than i do!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen did you see the new pagel look

Comment

Frank,
                          You've really come a long way. You should be very proud of yourself.

When you get time, take all the product labels/names (under the pictures on the home page) and make them also link to the page - not just the pics.

You have learned so much.
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks Beth i have been doing a lot of reading on the forum for ideas,
                            i will implant your input shortley

Comment

Say that feature for linking is not taking am i doing something wrong,

i click on the work go to link type in url hit ok then when published not working

Comment

Working...
                              X