Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you update your site after a relatively long break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you update your site after a relatively long break?

I got my site online, built with BlueVoda. The last update has been quite a while ago, but meanwhile I've been busy writing new articles and I've got enough new writings to finally publish an updated version of the site. Purpose is to update it more frequently in the future, but I got no specific idea how long gaps between updates would be. Depending on inspiration for new writings, there could be weeks with more than 1 edited page or newly added page, and there could be a few months before the next edit or added page comes.

How do you, after a relatively long inactivity, add the new pages without messing up the internal structure of the site with all pages properly sorted and with internal links (menu bars, internal links on pages etc) being messed up? I know from the tutorial and from my first site version how to make internal hyperlinks, however I am more looking for advise on adding new pages easily and publishing them without having to worry that it would make other pages unreachable for site visitors due to the structure and internal links no longer working properly. Especially if it's been a longer while since the latest update, the risk that you forgot about how everything was linked is high, and then if you edit or add a new page, you want to publish without making pages unreachable or dead links ...

Which tricks do other BlueVoda users use to avoid ever having the site messed up when editing or adding content after a relatively long time since the latest update?
    "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Re: How do you update your site after a relatively long break?

Je bent weer over-compliceren dingen en lijken niet op de ver.-le concepten gemakkelijk als bedoeld begrijpen. Dit zal een groot obstakel worden als het tijd is om de uitvoering methoden en technieken nauwkeurig.

Gewoon publiceren elke pagina een voor een, en zo, dan overschrijft de vorige pagina's. Gewoon ervoor dat u uw gewijzigde Navigatie (vooral als je pagina namen opnieuw genoemd) op te nemen als een kwestie van elementaire logica en persoonlijke inzet.

Er is geen behoefte om zo rigide en eng gericht .... Het proces is volledig voorbij taal, en meer als eenvoudige logica, lineaire logica die universeel wordt begrepen. Zodra je een beetje, zult u begrijpen veel.

Blijf bij de Tutorials, en de praktijk van de lessen als je ze te bekijken voor de beste ontwikkeling van vaardigheden: leren door te doen. Gelukkig website bouwen!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: How do you update your site after a relatively long break?

Thanks for the advice, and in quite decent Dutch :) I guess the ideal is to keep a local copy on the hard drive in a folder, and then every page you edit is just a matter of re-publishing with overwriting the old page? If I'm understanding well ...

The old site's pages are on my laptop now, so in theory I could just start editing, adding new pages and then re-publish the whole lot. I consider to keep the first version of the site available though in a subdomain or so (eg version1.domainname.com) as I sorta would find it quite odd to just totally remove the first real website I ever made...
      "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Comment

Working...
      X