Whatever I submit on my form I get 'thankyou'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever I submit on my form I get 'thankyou'

I have really looked at every post here to try and fix this problem without having to post, then I thought nah! I'll ask the pros......my problem is that I have redone the form and when I enter the details (any details) in the boxes it generates the thankyou page when I suspect it should be generating the error page.

Thank you

Sarah

zebedee.edu.hk/contact.php

Re: Whatever I submit on my form I get 'thankyou'

Hi,

Sounds like you could have made an error when you added the URL of your error page... Please see the URL below for some common problems and solutions regarding the BlueVoda form builder:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...voda-12-a.html

Hope this is of some help to you :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have looked the tutorial and checked all the FTP for the file extensions, tested it published it several times refreshed it but I just can't get it to work.
      1. It doesn't matter what I put into the form it will always open the success page or thankyou.
      2. The error page is published with the word ##error## on it but it does nothing as if not connected
      3.The onclick button set within the error page sends you back to the success or thankyou page.

I absolutely know the answers must be in all the info you have given us but I am not seeing it, I would like the error function to work if possible but at the moment. I need more help please.

Thanks

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by sarah hk View Post
        I have looked the tutorial and checked all the FTP for the file extensions, tested it published it several times refreshed it but I just can't get it to work.
        1. It doesn't matter what I put into the form it will always open the success page or thankyou.
        2. The error page is published with the word ##error## on it but it does nothing as if not connected
        3.The onclick button set within the error page sends you back to the success or thankyou page.

I absolutely know the answers must be in all the info you have given us but I am not seeing it, I would like the error function to work if possible but at the moment. I need more help please.

Thanks

Sarah
        Are you really going to make me sweat this out, I have waited patiently and I have tried and tried but the error page looks as dead as a dodo
        Please help even though you have done this thousands of times before :)

Sarah

Comment

Please note that the error page will ONLY appear if (not your case) a user enters a wrong captcha value OR if he enters an email address that is not a valid email address (not meaning true but meaning not a abcdef@domain.com type)

For validation instead, you need to double click each field onside BV, select Validation, and set the validation rules for each field as you want them.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi navaldesign,
            Great to hear from you again. I mean that I have tried putting all the gobbledygook in to the email area of the form which would not pass as an email address but I still get the thank you page popping up. I checked out the individual editing of and connstraints of the various boxes in the form an managed to get 'error editbox 10' for example but can't seem to trigger the error page.
            I looked back to your advice a long time ago and followed each step. I have checked the FTP as well in case of publishing both html and php etc. I know I am missing one small thing but what is it??

the page is zebedee.edu.hk/contact.php

Thanks again for your help

sarah

Comment

You have NOT added validation to your fields.

And as I said, the error page will ONLY display in particular cases. Normally the validation will display a popup with an error message.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval design,

Okay thanks for the advice, last time I made the form form scratch and this time I used the pre-made form and I didn't validate the fields. I have done that now and can trigger the small error box that tells you what you need to put in or what you have missed on the form. But how can I confirm the large error page is working or is it not that important ?

Thanks again,

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                X