blue voda template alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue voda template alignment

Hi, im having trouble aligning my pages in BV. When i align the page elements to the centre of the screen, the appear okay until i view the same page from a different cpu with a different size screen. It seems that if i line it up on a cpu with one size screen, then view the same page from any cpu with a different size screen my pages are out of alignment or off centre.

Can anybody let me know what im doing wrong here.

Thanks in advance
    Colin

Re: blue voda template alignment

Are you not ready to publish and give us a link yet Colin? There can be many causes and seeing your site will certainly help.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

http://www.poker******z.com/template.php

Thats the link above. I published it on a domain that i already cos im not ready to publish yet. As an example, on my laptop, which has a wide screen, this page is aligned to the centre of the page. However, when i look at this page from another PC, its aligned to the far right.

Comment

I have the same wide screen laptop and the page seems slightly offset to the left. Could you perhaps upload the bvp file as well? Or send it to me via my webmaster email on my site?
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

No wait, right-click on your page and select page properties. Tick the Centre in Browser checkbox. Save and check again.

Do not align the items/objects on the BV pages. Make your page margin 800 or 1000. Then place your stuff as you like, but stay within the border/boundaries of the page. In BV the page is always left aligned, but with the cetting above, it will publish centre in the browser.

(Apologies, I thought you have described that in the post, but I was still thinking about anothre problem of someone else...misunderstanding on my part.)
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

but with the cetting above
            I meant setting....
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Thats just done the trick! So simple yet i would not have found it. Thanks pal, thats twice in a week you have got me out of a hole!

By the way, the last piece of advice you gave bout the php menu is working like a dream, iv even gone as far as to make everything into a php file, i.e. header, footer, sidebars ect, just in case i want to alter the template aswell.

Thanks again, appreciate it!

Comment

You're welcome.

Enjoy.
                Bless you
                Tom

Comment

Working...
                X