Please review. :@)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review. :@)

Hello good people, Im a musician from Manchester I have made my website and hopeing people will like it. There's some free songs to download and I hope to put many more songs and free guitar software such as a guitar tuner on the site in a few weeks. Im very busy and not really a website designer, however i have give it go. Let me know what you think and how you think it can be made better, and I will return the favour. Thanks Darren Wilson.

Re: Please review. :@)

Yo... great start to the site. As a fellow musician, I'm always excited to see more people on the web showcasing their passion for music and performing. Very nice playing, by the way. :)

There are a few things you should take a look at though.

One issue I think needs to be addressed right away is to fix the menu/navigation from page to page. I'm getting all different orders of the "home", "download music", "latest news" etc. when I go from page to page and it makes it a bit confusing (for me) to navigate through the site. They really should all be the same on each page.

I think all you need to do is go and re-publish each page with the exact same menu/navigation bar and all the same order. I assume that the reason you did it this way is because you didn't want to include the current page the visitor is on in the menu bar. I think it'd be helpful to just keep it in there anyway. You could always remove the link on that page for that selection. I hope that makes sense.

Next is your contact form... or contact window. I didn't send you anything, but I'm not sure how to fill it out or what you want in there. Maybe creating a form that has a space for a name and email would help. Also, that window will not clear when hitting the "clear" button. Not for me, at least.

Other than those couple things, some people may add their 2-cents eventually with some different thoughts. Maybe centering the page in the browser? I always center my pages, but everyone does it differently. :)

Hope I was of some help.
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Thanks for your input, I have now update the site and its a huge hit, thanks for your advice, thanks. D.W

Comment

darrenwilsonmusic.co.uk

Hi, guys, done lots of things to the website since the last time I asked for reviews, I have been working hard on the site to develop it. Is the site ok, can you view the tet ok, do all the links work, does the webpage ask to open any files by google? be sure to download my free fingerstyle guitar music tracks, hastle free.

I would be greatly thankfull for your time and review, thanks. Daz.
        www.darrenwilsonmusic.co.uk

Comment

Re: darrenwilsonmusic.co.uk

A lot of good, focused work!

I thought you would have already set the site to "Center in Browser" for a more universal display, but it's not really required.

I am also interested in how SoundCloud works for you, with the integration of Social Media tools in the player itself: I wonder if the visible Comments will prove a boon or a bone, and if they are best left to those platforms rather than on the player itself .....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: darrenwilsonmusic.co.uk

Thanks Vasili, I will defo take this on board, I will keep a close eye on the comments box, I may remove them it doe's look a bit more pro without. And I will get on to centering the pages. Thanks V. Daz

Comment

Hey Darren,
              first of all - well done! Not a bad effort....BUT.........

You may be a fine musician & a great guitarist but I think you need to hire a proof-reader :( I only checked the first text on the first page & look
              !

Darren Wilson is an acoustic guitar instrumentalist with a mellow folk feel to his music. Darren is training towards Rockschool qualifications which has enabled him to produce some creamy tracks. Darren is an independent artist from Manchester U.K who aims to work hard towards being a signed artist. He has also worked hard this year with his mellow folk pop band Hopeless Romantics who are tipped to be hot for 2012. (the 12 doesn't show up on my screen! it just says "hot for 20"!!!)

Darren has been inspired to be a guitar player since he was a child but didn't start to learn until his early twenties. He made up
              his mind (although, with 2 X "up" I prefer: "He decided") to pick up a guitar after listening to Jose Gonzalez and Antoine Dufour. Darren hopes everyone will enjoy his music and thanks everyone for their support.

Darren is currently working on some new mellow folk acoustic songs and looking for performance opportunities to show off his skills in and around Manchester. If you like Darren's music, support him and download his tracks............. he needs your support!

The changes to the last line were just a suggestion
              good luck anyway
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks very much, I have corrected these mistakes thanks for pointing this out for me. :@)

Comment

Really cool site. I like the navigation buttons alot. Looks real clean. Really the only thing I would say is avoid streching images to fit. Photoshop can help tremendously with getting images just right.

Nice job and great music. Love it!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X