X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some site issues

Hello,
    I am having problems with the following:
    1) When I construct my webpage on my computer and publish it, it appears exactly the way I built it, however, when I open the same page on a different computer, the images or logos have shifted and are often overlapping my text or title. How can I ensure that my website is viewed the same for all users? example: www.mckaybiochemist.com/contact
    2) My pages take forever to load on all users regardless of the internet speed or computer capacity (even when I don't have a lot of images). What can I do to get a faster downlaod for users?
    3) Recently, when I have made adjustments to certain pages, some images which are present in my construction page, are not there when the page is published. (This is not the same as the X displayed images). They are displayed in my build page, but NOT once it is published.
    Please help.
    Bianca

Re: Some site issues

1) I looked at your example http://www.mckaybiochemist.com/contact.php. Looks good in IE, FF & Chrome. I don't see any overlapping. Your pages are 1039 wide which is fine for people like me with big monitors but might be worth reducing this down to 995px to satisfy the larger audience.

2) I flicked through your pages and I thought the load times were very quick (One of the quickest I've seen) You have added image effects (background shadow). This does make the image heavier, hence the slight slower loading. All good my end though.

3) I would remove the image(s) off the builder, re-insert them and then re-publish and see if that rectifies the problem. I don't recall seeing any obvious missing images though.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      1) I'll take your advice and try to reduce the page size.

3) the images that used to be missing was the ones in the far left hand corner atthe TOP section of every page. the rease they are currently showing is because I used the "stencil" feature on the image, and this made them appear. However, if i remove the "stencil" feature on any of the images (photos displayed in the top right hand corner) they simply do not show up. there is no box or X over them...they're simply not there. I have tried taking them off and reinserting them several times, (which didn't work) so I finally blurred their edges with the stencil, and now they appear. bizarre, but I can live with that.

Thanks for your feedback.
      -B

Comment

Hello,
        Most of your pages are titled (not named) "index".
        Google will penalize your site for this.
        The page title is one of the most important elements on your site.
        You have no obvious link to return to your home page. I had to search before I realized that your "About Us" is actually your home/index page.
        When making your title you should use at least your main keyword and it should be at the beginning of the title.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Thanks Terry,
          I'll get on that right away.
          -B

Comment