This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JQuery Slider in BV?

I am trying to create a slider in BlueVoda, like the Jquery Sliders.

I have tried using layers, but I can't seem to get them to automatically slide or fade between layers at all! I then saw the Jquery option in the install menu. I can't seem to find any sort of tutorial or video that can go through the basics of doing the more advanced things, like creating a slider using this option in BV12!

Can any one offer any advice or guidance on how to create slider in BV please? I've found the tutorials on YouTube ref the Jquery stuff, but again, I'm finding it doesn't relate to BV. would be really grateful for any help

Re: Creating Jquery Slider in Bluevoda

We need to start at the beginning, Adrian, always. >> How to ask for assistance

Next ... with regard to JQuery "Sliders" .... always follow the instructions provided by the sites themselves regarding installation (there are quite a few to select from: Basic Slider, Nivo for Wordpress, 13 Popular JQ Sliders, etc.) and the creation of code, and to configure the option to host it yourself as part of your website, or link to it hosted elsewhere (as a few offer).

In any event, adding the Slider as part of your BlueVoda website itself needs follow 2 different methods only:
    1. Add HTML Code (provided by JQuerry providing source) to your page in a standard BlueVoda HTML Box (TUTORIAL: Adding HTML);
    2. (Most Popular Method) Create a Sub-Directory (often called a "Folder") but not a Sub-Domain within your existing Domain via cPanel to install JQuerry Slider to, as this will become a 'separate website' unto itself (TUTORIAL: Creating Sub-Directories in cPanel Using FILE MANAGER)
    2a. Use an Inline Frame (iFrame) to present your slider upon a single distinct page as if it were part of that page originally (TUTORIAL: Using iFrames); the configured Slider directory will display globally if the iFrame is then copied precisely page-to-page from the original page it was installed upon.

You may also find alternative 'free' Slideshows (non-JQuery) that have features you may be more specifically interested in via a simple Google Search, or from drilling-in to one of the numerous reliable source sites such as www.Dynamicdrive.com ... the only investment required is your time and effort.

Remember! It is all about taking time to truly understanding the entirety of the concepts first, and fully embracing the logic thereby enlarging your skillset to enable you to implement every method attending to details without missing a step naturally, including complying with all the various Rules! It is this habituation that is the foundation for developing overall Web skills and intuitive knowledge that will even 'clue you in' to let you know when you stray ... that is how we keep it all FUN!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: JQuery Slider in BV?

Vasili. I've noticed your replies to various other posts on this forum, and I can only presume your vast knowledge supersedes anything my knowlegde could ever be. So I thank you for your very valuable information to my post... Albeit with a hint of condescension - which made me chuckle.

Comment

Re: JQuery Slider in BV?

Condenscending? No, not at all. Rules need to be followed so there is the same level playing field for us all to meet on, and really, my added admonitions are simple reminders of the common sense approach we must all embrace if we are to make our way down the narrow Path of Progress without tearing all our hair out or quitting altogether! My knowledge is not vast at all, simply an ongoing 'articulation' (some have described it "verbosity" or even "pendantic" in style) of the accumulation of all that I have been exposed to either from trial and error, from my peers in this Forum that were kind enough to share, or simply finding answers on my own. We ALL started at the same position in the beginning: it's just some are further along that Path than others and whether or not we continue to Pay Forward by sharing in the Forums or not .... I personally feel that everyone deserves the benefit of making a great and sure start, and more importantly, to have the opportunity to grasp the real major concept which is to learn the logic of web building, so they can think more intuitively themselves rather than constantly stumble or run into walls without hope of ever finding "their groove." That is why I strive to explain more with detail, so everyone is more likely to 'get it' the first time and be able to run with it ​for all time ....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X