X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing an existing BlueVoda HTML Page

Hi,

I am a total newbie, so apologies for the stupid question. I have read the tutorials and manual and also searched the forum but I can't find an answer. I have just taken over a website, so I have received the files (created in BlueVoda) and saved them in the Document/BlueVoda directory. When attempting to import an existing HTML page, all I get is a white screen....nothing else. I am browsing to and selecting the index.html file.

From what I have read in the forums, some of the formatting etc will be messed up and that is to be expected.

What I am trying to do, is import the entire site so I can fix all the pages up before re-publishing. Is there a way to do this?

I'm scared if I make a change to one html and re-publish it will overwrite all the other html pages on the site.

I know there is another option to import from the internet, but I thought I might be better using local files.

Appreciate any guidance.

Regards

Re: Importing an existing BlueVoda HTML Page

I seem to have more luck just going the 'Open Page' option, then selecting 'All Files' of type instead of 'BVP', then opening the HTML page that way. Some of my links and formatting are dead but if it works this way I can live with that. I still don't know why I can't go the 'open existing HTML page' option though.

Comment

Hi, in order to open an HTML page with BlueVoda that is on your computer you need to go to:

File >> new page >> from existing HTML page

In the popup box select the local radio button, then select browse for a file on the right, you can then import the HTML page you want to directly into BlueVoda.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks a lot for your response...

That's exactly what I did. The problem is after importing the html file, all I see is a white blank screen? It's the same on all the existing html files.

Comment

Hi, we would need to see the pages in order to see what is happening, please open a support ticket so that we may assist you with this.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X