Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumped!

Stumped!

I had a page called cartoon 2. I may have published it...not sure. Then I deleted it. It had no cartoon images on it.
    Made a new cartoon 2 page which has images on it. Saved and published it. In preview the old one keeps coming back when on click on the cartoon page 2 link.
    cleared my cache and even rebooted. Still the same thing. Waited about an hour...no luck..still the same.
    How can that original cartoon page still be there if I deleted it?

whitemice.net

Re: Stumped!

Refresh your browser!
    perb31
    "There is no place like this place so this must be the place", The Place Tavern - E Heideman

www.gilbertfuneralhomes.com

Comment

why not include your link and see what comes up with our computors.
      mrmagoo144
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

When you say you deleted the the page, did you delete it from your computer or did you go to Control Panel - File Manager and delete it (or via FTP)? If you had published it deleting it from your computer would still leave it on the web. If you are using the same page name (cartoon_2) you can simply make changes tot he page and republish and it will override the old page.
        Your index page is published as .php. http://www.whitemice.net/cartoon2.php I assume you meant for it to be .php? I know very little about php vs html. I"ll let someone else comment on this.
        Are you sure you are saving the page before publishing?
        Open your page named cartoon_2 in BV. Add text at the top saying something like "Under Construction", save it and publish it. That will show if you are actually getting the page published. This will determine what to do next.
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
        Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
        Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

BTW, do not name your page names with a space.
          -Zachary
          www.pebblecrossing.com
          Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

You have 2 pages on your server.

and

the first one is named in your links at the bottom of the page so if your page on your computer is the second rename it to match first link.

Also the links in the bottom are html so might want to think about publishing page_2.html
            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

The old cartoon2 page is still showing up on the web. It has no cartoon images on it what so ever. There is a menu and a few other things on it.

The new cartoon page 2 has 25 cartoon images on it. And basically finished. That's the one I want to keep. I added the words under construction at the top of the page so you can see the difference.

The old cartoon page that I want to get rid of doesn't even show up in my BV files. When I click open files in BV the old one isn't there just the new one. I just can't seem to replace the old one with the new. I can't even rename the old one to get rid of it that way.

I did refresh my browser

I saved the new cartoon page and did publish it.

Still doesn't work.

I'm assuming that things are messed up in my control panel? I never really touched anything in CPanel and have no idea where to begin.

Yes I know that the links in the old cartoon page(the one I can't seem to get rid of) is in html. Which is wrong.

The new cartoon 2(the one I want to keep) is in php ....that's how I want to do the whole site.

If I give someone my master user name and pass......can you go into my cpanel to find out what's wrong?

whitemice.net

Comment

When you 'open files in BV' you are opening the files on your computer not your website.
                This is probably a long shot, but since your background is actually a .jpg (with spaces in the name) open cartoon2 in BV, right click on one of your images and click on 'Move to front'.
                Then save and publish and let's see if you can see that image on the web.
                Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Things are really messed up. I tried doing a cartoon 3 page. I took off all the images saved published....cleared my browser.

Your not going to believe this one!!! It showed up as the old cartoon page 2 that I'm desperately trying to get rid of.

Just so I know I'm doing things right. When clicking on view/page properties....I'm naming each page according to the page number. ie- Cartoon 2....Cartoon 3 etc. This is correct right?

I tried that "move to front" saved, published, cleared browser ....didn't work.

I really thing I need someone to go into my CPanel. Can anyone do this for me?

whitemice.net

Comment

Naming and titleing the pages are two completely unrelated terms and actions.
                    Name: what you save the pages as. i.e. index
                    Title (in Page Properties): A description of the page content. i.e. Cartoons by Billy Bob
                    If you have 2 pages named (saved as) and published with the same name and one is .html and the other is .php the php page will always be seen by the search engines first. the .html page will NEVER SHOW.
                    You must go into your server and physically delete the pages you do not want.
                    Yes, however, you must supply all publishing info to whoever goes into your CPanel to help you. Then you MUST change your password to ensure security.
                    You really need to go here and watch the first 3 tutorials carefully.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi
                    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Ok who do I give my Cpanel info to? You?
                      whitemice.net

Comment

You may if you feel OK with that.
                        Contact me from my form on the RedHawk website in my signature. If you would like, please attach 2 BV pages for me to review. I will return them to you with any corrections needed.
                        I will not be able to work on this project for apprx 18 hours.
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Thank You
                          I sent the needed info to your site.
                          whitemice.net

Comment

I see your cartoon pages are showing. Please tell us your solution.
                            Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

I removed all incorrect files from the CPanel and all pages were then republished as .html.
                              That seemed to do the trick.
                              CarbonTerry
                              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                              Zone 5 Photo
                              My USMC

Comment

Working...
                              X