How do I use Database info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I use Database info

Hi, I am very new to this and really need a point in the right direction. I have created a basic form on my site www.businessbuyerspain.com, under the 'enquiry' button, to gather some general info about customers but I really need to create 2 further forms:-

a) I need to place a form on a number of pages which when sent to me via email will automaticall use a related ref: number from the page the form is on so I know which page the person is interested in.

b) To use data gathered on a database to create a new page on my site, so for example someone can load information into a form which stores the info into a database and then this info also creates a new web page, is this possible?

I am using ABVFP and although I can see the data input so far (just friends and Family) I don't know how to make it useful.

Finally, can pictures be uploaded onto a form

Thanks for any help

Rob

Re: How do I use Database info

Hey Rob- welcome to the forum.

What you are wanting to to can be done...........but with a lot of knowledge html, php and or java scripts. What I am trying to say is the BV Web builder is designed to provide a certain level of standalone tools and applications that you can put into your web site. Beyond the basics- you will need to learn how to do those things or hire some one to help you accomplish that portion of the site.

The sky is the limit though if your willing to learn.

Yes- you can create a form to upload pictures. Click through the Video Tutorials on forms and you will fin how to do that.

Cheers-
    Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply, I must have missed the tutorial, there is a lot to get through on the site and just working out what can be done and which order to do it in is quite confusing but I'll get there. Reading through the forum yesterday it seems like I need a dynamic (whatever that means) comobox with script? I'll go through the tutorials again though.

Thanks again,

Rob

Comment

If you only want to know which page the form has been submitted from, simply include in your forms a hidden field with the page name or URL. Avoid making the URL (if you use the URL instead of the page name) relative (without the http://www. part) as many spam filters will block such content at times.

ABVFP can handle picture uploads, just include one or more "upload file" fields in your forms.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

On one form, the one with the picture uploads, I want to include a ref: number, along with other information which will be stored on an abvfp database. From this I need to create a search page on my website so that people looking can pull up a page formed from the info on the database, so for instance I need the pictures to show, along with details and also the ref: number. Then if the person is interested I need this page to have an enquiry form sending me the details of that particuar search. To see an example of what I am trying to achieve please take a brief look at the following sites search - http://www.barinthesun.com/. I really want to know if this is possible with blue voda and abvfp and i you have any suggestions which will help.

Thanks
          Rob

Comment

Working...
          X