This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help! PC/Laptop/XP/Design problem

I have had two websites on BV for several years: british-cemetery-elvas.org and peninsularwar200.org. When I publish an update on either site, the entire page distorts.
    http://british-cemetery-elvas.org/estatutos.html
    http://peninsularwar200.org/events.html

All the other pages are ok because I stopped publishing when this happened.

I first had this problem on a pc with XP. I could correct the page by publishing the same update on a laptop with W7 professional. After about a week, publishing on the laptop corrupted the page as well.

I submitted ticket KTG-210058 and had three replies but no solution. A week later I submitted [#KTG-210058]: further to #KOM-259196 and the pw200 password was changed. But that didn't help. Now I have been told that it is a design issue and that I should seek help on the forum.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Sarah
    british-cemetery-elvas.org

re: Please Help! PC/Laptop/XP/Design problem

I think you should have started a string of your own.

But since you're here, there are two things I can think of but you probably have already done that. Clear your cache. And go to another page on your site before clicking on the updated page to see if the update has taken place.

Good luck!
    Sarah

Comment

Back to my issue: I have since received this tip from Customer Support: You need to cruch the images at the top of the page, you are letting HTML do this, causing issues with displays. You need to resize them using photoshop or an image resizer tool

But CS didn't say to what size. I resized them all to websize or smaller via Office Picture Management when I built the pages. Then pulled them to the right size as it says on the images tutorial.

The two images at the top of
      http://peninsularwar200.org/events.html are [left] 115 px X 198 px and [right] 146 px X 173 px. Are they really too big? What size should they be?

Thanks for any help.

Sarah
      Sarah

Comment

Sarah,

You need to do some adjustment on your webpage. Your menu and the pic of the officer are overlapping each other and also encroaching into the central text area of your page.

Use the "Width" of the pic of the officer on the top left hand corner as a guide and re-size your menu to the exact same size and do the same to the Pic of the officer in Blue. That done drag the pic down further so it will not overlap your menu.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I agree that it looks like that onscreen. But my work page has been lined up as it is [without any overlapping] for 4 years without a hitch. Now suddenly, neither peninsularwar200.org nor my other site british-cemetery-elvas.org publish correctly. http://british-cemetery-elvas.org/estatutos.html

I could show you a screenshot of my workpage but I don't see how I can add that here.

Can you tell me why a page would suddenly malfunction after an update was published? And even the font of the navigation buttons has changed/shrunk - they are correct on all the other pages.
          Sarah

Comment

Re: Please Help! PC/Laptop/XP/Design problem

What I normally do when the same happens to my webpage is to open my .bvp file and republish it. If it does not work I would remove the problem images and text, then repopulate from the file from my pc and then republish the page.

It normally works for me.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
            X