Graded background colour repeating lengthwise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graded background colour repeating lengthwise

I have a graded background color that vertically goes from light to dark at the bottom of the page. I need a long page. When I put in the text at a cetain point in the length where it has become gradually dark, there is a line and its starts all over light again - repeating. I want a gradual shift from top to bottom... no line and starting light again.

Re: Graded background colour repeating lengthwise

Place a BV shape in the top left hand corner of your page with the length & shading you want to see. Now reduce this down to about 5px wide, but keep the length.
    Right click on the shape & select html & look for the image name something like images/bv02169.gif
    Copy this name & place it in the code bellow in the part marked in blue.
    Now take all this code & place in the pages HTML properties area under the "Between the head tag" & preview

<style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body {background-image: url(images/bv02169.gif); background-repeat:repeat-x;;background-position:left top;}
    -->
    </style>
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,
      Thanyiu for your lightening fast response!
      I have tried this several times and whilst there is now an extended single vertical graduated area without the split and repeat, tgere are blue vertical lines running the full length vertically every 5 pixels wide. I cut and pasted the code and did the insert as directed. What could I be doing wrong?
      Best Whishes
      John

Comment

Hello Again!
        Not sure if this is ok technically but I realised that the vertical lines every 5 pixels were in fact just the newly created background 5px wide repeating across the page. So after creating the shape, I now spread it across the page and as far down as I needed. Then I extracted the gif name and inserted it into the code given. Amazingly it worked. I haven't uploaded the page yet but its fine in the default browser.
        Please let me know if there might be a problem with this.
        John

Comment

Here is a sample of the page LINK
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris
            The code is exactly the same on my site. When I first followed your script, I had 5px stripes across the page. At first I thought it was blue stripes on a complete graded background but in fact it was strips 5px wide. So I stretched the shape fully across the page and to the desired length. Then I took the html of the gif and entered it into the code.The two gif references are identical alphanumerically so I can't explain why I received different effects depending on the width of the shape when the code was taken. It is fine now. Any ideas? Appreciate your time.
            Best
            John

Comment

That code is set up for an image with vertical style, hence the part of the code repeat-x If it was for a horizontal image it would be repeat-y
              Have you got a link to the page.

Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

good tip, why don't we start a section of tips using blue voda. getpaint has a tutorial page that someone will post up and everyone tries to do the work and make comment, show and tell etc....
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                X