Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one computer cannot access ftp account while another can.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one computer cannot access ftp account while another can.

Hello,

I have two separate computers here at my house on the same network. When I try and use FileZilla to access my website files through FTP on one of my computers, I get the error: "ETIMEDOUT" and cannot access the site. However, when I go to my second computer which is in the same room and on the same network, I am able to access my website via FTP with no problems. I have a couple applications running that automatically upload images to my website via FTP...they also give me errors and won't allow me to connect to my files.

Why is one of my computers able to access my website via FTP while the other one cannot? Is the computer's IP address being blocked on the server-side or some sort of port-blocking? Is there a way to give access to my computer so I can access my files by FTP? I recently changed passwords through cPanel...could that be an issue if my programs attempted to access my files using the old password...could my computer's IP have gotten blocked for using an incorrect password several times? I have turned off the firewall and any antivirus software...things on my end have been ruled out.

Thanks!

Re: one computer cannot access ftp account while another can.

most likely a firewall/antivirus issue on your end, your IP is not block or you would have no access at all.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X