This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove old files - or not

I am updating my website, consequently I have to republish every page on my site. Upon checking with File Manager I am finding that, although my new pages are published all the older versions are still in the list. Do I have go through the list of files and physically remove them? A sort of mega tidy up.

Re: Remove old files - or not

Originally posted by arcoiris View Post
    elegant.steam.com

I am updating my website, consequently I have to republish every page on my site. Upon checking with File Manager I am finding that, although my new pages are published all the older versions are still in the list. Do I have go through the list of files and physically remove them? A sort of mega tidy up.
    Hi, Don!

Because so many VodaHost members were enduring lost files due to computer crashes or simply User Error, the feature of automatically backing up files as they were published was added to normal BlueVoda operation.

If you do not have a reliable archive of your BlueVoda pages (either on a local system or separate hard drive or device), you may wish to continue to allow your hosting server to maintain an archive since there is no storage limit to be concerned with for these types of pages. Keep in mind, however, your personal VodaHost hosting account cannot be used as an archive for other files (files not created by BlueVoda such as images, video, etc.) as described in Terms of Service sec. 2.3

If you choose to delete these archived BlueVoda page files, you are free to do so manually via cPanel > File Manager
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Remove old files - or not

Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X