This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Simple CMS Solutions

I am looking for a simple content management system solutions, which can easily be installed in asp.net websites. While doing a little research in the same, I came across many websites that were selling easy to use CMS Solutions. But I am in two thoughts whether I should buy it or get it personally designed for my website. Please suggest which, is a better option.

If you know of any web solutions firm that can help me build a CMS solution, please refer one to me.

Re: Looking For Simple CMS Solutions

You may have the solution at your fingertips.............
    Our long and old established member (navaldesign) should be able to provide you with exactly what you want at a very resonable price too.

Just do a search(top of page) for navaldesign, to access his websites.

found 1 for you: http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/

have fun
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by brittney08 View Post
      I am looking for a simple content management system solutions, which can easily be installed in asp.net websites. While doing a little research in the same, I came across many websites that were selling easy to use CMS Solutions. But I am in two thoughts whether I should buy it or get it personally designed for my website. Please suggest which, is a better option.
      If you know of any web solutions firm that can help me build a CMS solution, please refer one to me.
      Personally? As long as it will be you who will be updating, maintaining, and nurturing this website, I suggest that you keep it as simple as possible and design a website that you are familiar with and capable of managing properly.....why resort to spending money for not just the foundation but be locked into a site you cannot deal with??
      Personally, that is.

This being understood, it only goes to reason that you should want a fully capable, feature-rich, and currently evolving foundation that is not just kept up to date but packed with both the look and feel you like but with the functions that allow you to grow and excel: and, it should be Free!
      > The best suggestion would then be to look at the Open Source CMS scripts/web builders that have a huge Community that regularly contributes a plethora of add-on's and tweaks for such a variety of special focused function that it makes the overall project as simple as plugging in function after function --- and some names come to mind especially on this:
      1. Joomla - probably the most robust CMS package out there that has thousands of templates, add-on's, and a rich Support Community to draw upon. With either the 1.5 or 2.0 versiona, you are looking at the global favorite when it comes to Open Source CMS that has more functionality than meets the eye while still remaining super-eeasy to configure.
      2. Mambo - Definitely the #2 Open Source CMS (reputed to be slightly easier for Users), but since it was "taken private" byt the main developer, it has stagnated and become no longer a viable opportunity for the majority of techno-brats that love to make progress happen.
      3. phpNuke - Perennial favorite world-wide, but much more cumbersome and rigid, making it easier for Users of all levels to eschew this option.
      4. Xoops - In my opinion, the only alternative to Joomla, for both capability, ease of use, and available add-on's.

Although some of these titles are available as an auto-installation via Fantastico! here with your VodaHost Account, the versions pre-loaded are outdated and may not allow some of the more desired add-on's to be installed: it is recommended that a current version be manually installed directly from the official sites for best results and to avoid script errors that may not be initially apparent.

In my web design business, I prefer using Joomla for client builds for a lot or reasons (some of which were mentioned above), the most important being the versatility for creating a simple, clean website to a full-bore CMS platform that screams above the others --- all with the ability for the client to perpetuate themselves easily and without frustration once I deliver the site.

* Using an Open Source foundation is not entirely all that difficult, but it will require some focused attention to get through another learning curve. You can manually install Joomla, "skin" it with a template of your choosing, and change the colors and layout without too much difficulty if you follow the directions you gather either from the detailed User Manual (online or download), but invariably there seems to be some point when the task of "learning by doing" overwhelms many. It is good that the Support Forums pick up where individual motivation leaves off, and like here in VodaTalk, you will find many peers willing to sort out any challenge you may face. The alternative is to find a pro that is not only up to snuff, but affordable. There are a lot out there, but quite honestly, they are over priced and mostly over rated. (Most Open Source Communities have links to their "resident outsource partners" so it is not hard to find a selection, just selecting based on merit!)

If you visit my business website, on the "Overview" page is a very short list of Portfolio Samples ..... and most of the sites that are not obviously Blue Voda or an eCommerce build are in Joomla, to demonstrate the ability to adapt to a variety of uses. Complete installation, customization, and functionalization Services are available, and I know we are probably one of the most affordable resources for internet excellence you will find. If you are interested, email me directly here for a initial consultation and quotation.... (allow up to 24 hours for a personal reply).
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Didnt know you were in this market Eric.....shows that I have been away too long............
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
          Didnt know you were in this market Eric.....shows that I have been away too long............
          Surprise! I grew up (and got 4 more Stars) while you've been gone! LOLOL
          It is really nice to have you back, David.....there are a lot of us to whom VodaFriendships mean a lot....

Comment

Hello Eric, what CMS solution would you best describe for use in creating an online community website?

Comment

You can address me using my Community Name "Vasili," with the 'title' of "General," or merely as "Friend" but I do not allow others any further liberties, especially when assuming or feigning familiarity.

If you can use a mouse to click tabs and arrows, then Joomla is the easiest to use, since you merely move "Modules" and blocks of pre-configured functionality. Besides, there are far more "free" templates and add-on's (contributed 'includes) within the community than any other, making easier to make it do exactly what you want it to do.

If you like getting your hands dirty messing about with code and struggling with a higher learning curve, then go Drupal. However, Drupal's Community and available "extras" rely heavinly on the Joomla Community, which should tell you something.

Comment

Vasili,
                following up from another (closed) thread about the Joomla Register Globals set to "on", I created a file and named it php.ini as you instructed but am unable to locate thejoomla_root/ and the joomla_root/administrator/ directories. I have looked on my cpanel and in joomla, can you tell me exactly where to find them?

Thank you
                Steve

Comment

I go Joomla for CMS!

I like its plugin, components and templates. I like the idea of getting all its power on its plugin. hundreds of free plugins available to us.

good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X